question for moderators

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

George
What radios do you own?: X9000, HT1550XLS, MTS2000, etc

question for moderators

Post by George »

Does asking for a prom image constitute a violation of the rules?

I need a copy of a piece of firmware and have found it to be NLA from the parts department.

George
xmo

Post by xmo »

It has been discussed, but I don't think we ever came up with a policy for NLA items.

You can look at this thread:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=50118
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Post what you are looking for. If it is truly NLA from Motorola, then I say go for it, as there's no monetary loss to Motorola, so I have a hard time believing they'll throw a room full of lawyers at us.

If it turns out to actually be available, then we'll remove the request & point you to the proper part#. Check out this thread on NLA manuals as an example:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... ual+nla%2A

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
George
What radios do you own?: X9000, HT1550XLS, MTS2000, etc

Post by George »

HLN5027ASP04 / 01-06710T70 is the part I need.

I am building a HHCH X9000 low band unit for the car.

I could add it to my UHF and do a dual drawer, but I need more channels than 64 and don't want to loose the 128 I have on UHF.

I am doing the legwork to expand the channel capacity of the dual drawer.
It was written in pascal and doesn't look that hard to modify, but that also leaves issues of the firmware and the scanning for the dual drawer that stops at 64, of course.

So, due to the advice given above, this is a request for a copy of firmware for HHCH for X9000. Anyone have a spare from a scrapped radio?

George

Return to “Radio Programming”