Strange problem with trinking Maxtracs (Type I)

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wireless.friendly
Banned

Strange problem with trinking Maxtracs (Type I)

Post by wireless.friendly »

Hi all!

Please help me with my problem.

I have 2 trunked Maxtracs: D45MQA5GB5 and D35MQA5GB5.

I sucsessfully read and write both Maxtracs with trunked RSS - RVN-4043-S (ver. R05.07.03).

I sucsessfully read and write D35MQA5GB5 Maxtrac with LAB RSS (F17.81.12 aka G28.90.06). But when I try read or adjust D45MQA5GB5 Maxtrac with specified LAB RSS, I get message: Error Number 21 Has Occured: Radio Not Supported.

But why? Radios very similar - both trunked, Type I.

Please help!
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Your LAB RSS is older than your regular RSS, and it doesn't have the higher powered 800MHz model number in it's .mdf (Model Definition File) database. Therefore, it won't recognize it. Not much you can do about it, short of finding a newer version.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
wireless.friendly
Banned

wavetar

Thanks!

But newer od LAB RSS version is exist? Which p/n and verstion (RXX.XX.XX) it has?
wireless.friendly
Banned

And other question.

How I can determine exact trunk protocol of D45MQA5GB5?

My other Maxtrac (D35MQA5GB5) have sticker which shows that this is "Type I / Privacy Plus" radio.

But sticker on the D45MQA5GB5 shows only "Type I" and nothing more. But which trunk protocol? Privacy Plus? Or...?

How I can check and sure in this?

I try find out any info about supported protocols in RSS reports (print menu), but doesn't see anything.

Or "Type I" guaranties that this is "Privacy Plus" radio?
MotoMax300
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by MotoMax300 »

They're both privacy plus. The 35 is a 15 watt, 45 is a 35 watt.
wireless.friendly
Banned

MotoMax300

Why you sure? No other variants for TT I Maxtracs?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

wireless.friendly wrote:MotoMax300

Why you sure? No other variants for TT I Maxtracs?
Correct, Type I radios are ALL Privacy Plus. You would have to get a "C" series Maxtrac to get Type II/SmartNet.

I have no idea about LAB versions, or where you'd get them.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
wireless.friendly
Banned

wavetar
Correct, Type I radios are ALL Privacy Plus. You would have to get a "C" series Maxtrac to get Type II/SmartNet.
Thanks!

But where must be "C" letter? For e.g. C45xxxxxxx or C35xxxxxxx?
I have no idea about LAB versions, or where you'd get them.
It is pitty.

And very stranger that LAB RSS doesn't support hi-power verstion.

Truked Maxtrac require special trunking version of LAB RSS or LAB RSS is one for all Maxtrac family?
wireless.friendly
Banned

wavetar wrote:Your LAB RSS is older than your regular RSS, and it doesn't have the higher powered 800MHz model number in it's .mdf (Model Definition File) database. Therefore, it won't recognize it. Not much you can do about it, short of finding a newer version.

Todd
Todd! U r not right! All my RSS and LAB RSS have MDF file with my model munber - I check it - complete coincidence!

I think that reason in that D45 Maxtrac have more new firmware or/and codeplug. Therefore only one software can read/write it - RSS RVN4043S ver. R05.07.03. This RSS doesn't have overlays (.ovl files in folder). As I know, newest Moto DOS RSS doesn't have overlays. Only older RSS has it.

But all my LAB RSS with overlays :(

Anybody know, Maxtrac LAB RSS exist in verision w/o overlays?

Return to “Radio Programming”