HT1250 LS+ WILL NOT RETAIN CODEPLUG WHILE PROGRAMMING

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SnoForum173

HT1250 LS+ WILL NOT RETAIN CODEPLUG WHILE PROGRAMMING

Post by SnoForum173 »

Hello everyone. I reciently purchased an HT1250LS+ off of Ebay. I hooked it up to my CPS 06.00.00 to program 16 conventional channels. When I write to the radio it programs temporarily, the screen will display my 1st conventional channel for about 1 second then swtich back to the original codeplug. The channels are gone and the side/front buttons I programmed are now different (they revert back to the original codeplug settings). So the radio is obviously not retaining the codeplug. What could be the reasons for this? Am I missing a step in the CPS? Thank you for your help.
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

it can't do that, it either has a one codeplug or the other, it can't temporarily have one then go back to an old one. the old one is erased right before the new one is written.
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
SnoForum173

Post by SnoForum173 »

No, the new codeplug wont even load, like I said, I see the display of the first personality I programmed for about 1 second, then it switches back to the old codeplug. What am I doing wrong?
HLA

Post by HLA »

are you clicking on read the radio instead of write?
HLA
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

I wonder if he assigned the channels to a zone in the personality assignment zone?
HLA

Post by HLA »

that's possible but even if he did that you would think he'd get at least the first channel right.
HLA
RKG

Post by RKG »

If this is a "Passport" capable radio, be sure the unselect the "option board" in every channel screen.

Return to “Radio Programming”