STX Programming Help

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

nyclt422

STX Programming Help

Post by nyclt422 »

I know, what rock did I crawl out from under...anyway yes I use an STX I need to add a conv personality but when I try to read the radio I get an integer error. What is that and how do I fix it this software has been on my comp for a LONG time I reinstalled but get the same thing...help please.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

Integer errors in STX RSS are caused by the clock speed being too fast for the software, as well as possible bus issues with hardware control under DOS.

If you have an IR port, disable that as well as any IRQ associated with that port.

STX RSS is 'ancient' and suffers greatly from high processor speeds, just like older Maxtrac RSS....it doesn't like anything over 25 Mhz.

And STX RSS will NOT run at all under any sort of windows, be it Windows or a DOS shell, it MUST be run in DOS ONLY!

Return to “Radio Programming”