Code 3 Mastercom Questions

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Firecar96

Code 3 Mastercom Questions

Post by Firecar96 »

I have a code 3 mastercom that I bought used, It's the L6 model. The wail tone seems to ramp up really high and stay there for a really long time before ramping back down. I have noticed that all of the police and fire vehicles in my area that also have Mastercoms don't have a wail that sound like that. There's just ramp up and stay for a second then ramp back down. I know that mine was made after year 2000 because of the serial number having to P's in it.
Is it that mine is an older model, and just has older tones? Does anyone know if the newer ones have the different tones?
If the newer ones do have the different tones, what year did they make the change?
MK4412

Post by MK4412 »

I have noted that in some older code 3 sirens, the amp board can almost sound like it's going thru puberty. This was especially true with older SVP sirens. I am used to the Code 3 wail, but what you report may be an amp board issue. Code 3 Tech Support could run the serial and tell when the unit was produced, and the options inside. They might also be able to help with the ramp-up issue. (314) 426-2700

.....also the only major manufacturer that doesn't have 800 numbers....
Mike
Firecar96

Code 3 Mastercom

Post by Firecar96 »

I called Code 3 a couple times. They told me that if the serial number has two p's in it, then it was made after 2000. I also asked if there was anything they could do about the ugly sounding wail, and they said that there was nothing they could do.
firefighter105
What radios do you own?: Spectra,TK780,TK280,HT1250,XTS

Re:

Post by firefighter105 »

MK4412 wrote:I have noted that in some older code 3 sirens, the amp board can almost sound like it's going thru puberty. This was especially true with older SVP sirens. I am used to the Code 3 wail, but what you report may be an amp board issue. Code 3 Tech Support could run the serial and tell when the unit was produced, and the options inside. They might also be able to help with the ramp-up issue. (314) 426-2700

.....also the only major manufacturer that doesn't have 800 numbers....

Signal (aka Star Warning/SVP) doesn't either. I know because I had to call them due to a SS730 siren control head issue needing repair.

Them in NY, me in NS.

High Long distance charges during business hours :|

Jason
been seeing way too many people who are DWBAD

Kenwood TK790 High Power (1)
A4 VHF Spectra remote mount (1)
Kenwood TK280 Portable (1)
HT1250 Portable (2)
Kenwood TK780 (1)
XTS2500 (1)

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”