XTS3k Battery

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fireradio
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Various APX series

XTS3k Battery

Post by fireradio »

Anyone have any suggestions about where to buy XTS 3000 batteries? Are there any good online stores that have good prices? What do you all think of JBRO? I'd like to get a Multiplier battery, but I'm willing to try something new :wink:

Thanks...
OSS
"Keeping public safety on the air..."
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

If you're going to go with aftermarket product, most people on the board here have reported good results with Multiplier, more so than the others. I think Yosh in particular had a severe hum on his XTS3000 with JBro batteries. As far as overall fit, finish, & cell quality, Multiplier seems the way to go. Others may report differently.

Todd
motsaber99

Battery

Post by motsaber99 »

I have 2 XTS's and I have purchased new moto batteries in the box from a guy in Canada off of ebay. I have purchased 4 spares at $24.95 each plus $5 shipping. Just watch ebay. The date codes on these were Dec 2001. Still a warrantied battery.
Yosh

Post by Yosh »

My problem was with W & W batteries. I had a really bad hum in the transmitted audio when I was using them (2700 mah and 4000 mah NiMH). I switched to a JBRO NiCD battery and the hum went away. I even sent the batteries back to W & W for replacement... They came back with a note stating that there wasn't anything wrong with them. Go figure, I guess MY radio is defective. I will never buy W & W.

-Yosh
Josh
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTL5K, NX5200, NX700HK

Post by Josh »

Yosh wrote:My problem was with W & W batteries. I had a really bad hum in the transmitted audio when I was using them (2700 mah and 4000 mah NiMH). I switched to a JBRO NiCD battery and the hum went away. I even sent the batteries back to W & W for replacement... They came back with a note stating that there wasn't anything wrong with them. Go figure, I guess MY radio is defective. I will never buy W & W.

-Yosh
I have a W&W 1200Ma Ni-Mh battery for myGP68 radio. It works just fine in that application and lasts for a long time.

-Josh
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Saber batteries...

Post by Tom in D.C. »

I've had good luck with both NiCD and NiMH batteries from W&W, and of course the Motorola units work fine as well. I've used Multiplier batteries on MX300's and they always lasted longer than the JBro and Motorola units.

I'm curious as to how/why a battery can cause a hum in a radio. Isn't DC power from a battery the purest form of DC one can get? And isn't a hum the sign of an alternating current of some frequency or other on a signal?

Tom, W2NJS
...in D.C.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”