Station Alerting System

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

aatfd12l7
New User

Station Alerting System

Post by aatfd12l7 »

I know there has been a fair amount of messages which relate to setting off bells when the tones go off. However, they all state that you have to have a Minitor amp with the accessory port. Does anyone know how to wire a station alerting system using a amp NRN 4985B (without the port). I figure there still has to be some kind of relay in this because a light turns on after the tones have dropped. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me at mvolger@aatfd.org or reply on here. Thanks in advance.

-Marc
n3zix
New User

Re: Station Alerting System

Post by n3zix »

The best solution I can think of is a relay that could be turned on by the low voltage of that light. I would measure the voltage/amperage across that light and see if you can find a 110 volt relay(for a lamp, for instance) that has a "trigger" of whatever the voltage is on that light. Hopefully that make sense. Or maybe you can get an amp charger off e-bay on the cheap. Or I have one I might trade. reeves@saglefire.com

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”