04 tahoe install

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n3obl

04 tahoe install

Post by n3obl »

trying to run strobe cables on a 04 tahoe. How can i get the wires to the power supply under rear seat.

Should i drill a new hole behind the brake light. or run cables under truck and bring up.

Frank
john9912
New User

Re: 04 tahoe install

Post by john9912 »

I usually drilled holes behind the brake light and ran the cables behind the interior cargo area panel. Make sure and verify before you drill ANYWHERE that it is a safe location and will not damage any other vehicle parts. Be sure to use a grommet and fill the holes with silicone sealant to prevent water entering the vehicle. Run the cables before attaching the connector housing or use the proper pin removal tool to remove the housing and run it through the hole. A 3/4 hole is good for 2 cables, smaller if you will only have one cable each. After drilling make sure you get rid of metal filings as these will cause rust. Using an air compressor and a blow tip is good for this.

John L
DocHolliday
New User

Re: 04 tahoe install

Post by DocHolliday »

Have you looked at taking the side molding loose and maybe lifting the carpet enough to get it where you need to?

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”