Bad Batteries?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cgurney
New User

Bad Batteries?

Post by cgurney »

I have a batch of batteries that seem to be all bad. Has anyone had the same issues? I can put a new battery on the charger until it says it is fully charged and then it will only last for 6-8 hours. I am still under warranty but it seems like a pain to have to send 50+ batteries back to Moto. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Al

Re: Bad Batteries?

Post by Al »

First off, you didn't state what pagers you're having trouble with and the specific part number on the batteries you feel are defective. I'm going to assume that you're speaking of Minitor Vs and the battery packs you're experiencing difficulties with are the RLN5707s.
If my assumptions are correct, can you tell us the model number of the chargers you're using with them? If it's the RLN5703A or B, the problem may be the charger(s) and not the batteries. If you're using RLN5703C chargers, and the batteries still give you only 8 hours use after charging in the rear battery only pocket of the charger only then would I suspect a bad batch of batteries. Can you give us the specifics?
firefightergurney
New User

Re: Bad Batteries?

Post by firefightergurney »

Sorry about that. Yes it is the Minitor V's and it is not the chargers. I have some good batteries and the chargers, charge them just fine. I am slowly going through each battery and seeing what the battery life is. I have a gut feeling that leaving them in the cabinet for a couple of years might have ruined them. Oh well that is why we got an extended warranty on these things.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”