Supply problems in Schaumberg

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Jayce
What radios do you own?: XTS/XTL & APX6000 & APX/XE

Supply problems in Schaumberg

Post by Jayce »

Recently I had to order a VOCON board for a 800mhz SZ XTS5000. When I installed the board the radio showed a FAIL001 code. Reading the radio revealed that the board was a UHF conventional board, wrong model number, wrong flashcode. I sent it back and when the replacement came, I had the same problem. Seems the warehouse was unaware that the boards had to be programmed for each individual customer. When the 3rd board arrived (after a long delay) I got the same result-a UHF VOCON board however, this time the flashcode was right, but the model number was still wrong. Sent it back, got another replacement and the same thing happened. By now I am on my 4th VOCON board and none have worked. I was getting pretty livid when I decided to try the board in another radio-it worked. I took the orignal RF board and put it in a spare radio. That caused the radio to think it was a UHF model. I updated my case with Moto and the next day the folks in Plantation were calling. After explaining all that went on, (and them saying they had never seen this before :lol:) , I sent them the radio with the bad RF board. I still haven't heard back from them, but if they come up with something. I'll update this post.
Jayce
What radios do you own?: XTS/XTL & APX6000 & APX/XE

Re: Supply problems in Schaumberg

Post by Jayce »

Here's what the folks in Plantation said: " Problem isolated to wrong tuning partion in RF board due to Vocon board not programmed properly." Does this mean that the XTS5000 RF board is a multi-band board??
akardam

Re: Supply problems in Schaumberg

Post by akardam »

Jayce wrote:Does this mean that the XTS5000 RF board is a multi-band board??
Nope. It means exactly what it says, that the information in the tuning partition (actually a separate EEPROM on the RF board itself) was not correct for the physical band of the RF board.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”