XTS 5000 COR ?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

prhowe
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

XTS 5000 COR ?

Post by prhowe »

I am trying to find some way to get COR out of an XTS 5000 without modifying it internally. Has anyone found any programming trick to activate one of the accy pins for COR or something that looks like COR?

Thanks !
philsussman
New User

Re: XTS 5000 COR ?

Post by philsussman »

What head are you using? W3 W5 W9 ??
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

The original post of this thread is asking about an XTS5000 which is a Motorola portable. You apparently think he's asking about a Spectra, which he's not.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
mike m

Post by mike m »

I have a homebrew 900 MHz wireless speaker mic on a XTS that uses the receive audio from the XTS handheld rectified to produce a COR signal.

If you take the receive audio from the xts and split it two ways, one going to your audio source and the other to a 1k resistor and a .1 uf cap in series connected to a diode detector.

Connect the output end of the .1 uf cap 1K resistor series combination to the anode of a BAV99 diode with the cathode of the bav99 diode having a .1 uf cap and 4.7 K shunt combination to ground with a series 1K series output resistor feeding to whatever switch you choose to use as the COR source.

I feed this into a PIC processor and then use this as my COR switch but you should be able to drive an NPN transistor base with this same rectified audio voltage.

I may be able to send a chematic if you can PM me.

Mike

Return to “Radio Programming”