MTVA Convertacom for MTS2000 800Mhz

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jerryhope
New User

MTVA Convertacom for MTS2000 800Mhz

Post by jerryhope »

I have a MTS200, 800Mhz unit operating on a Motorola trunking system..
I acquired a convertacom w/ rf unit for this unit.. I do not have any data or instructions for this unit.. Most of the wiring and hook up is obvious, but there are two dip switches and a rocker switch about which I know nothing.. I am trying to obtain a copy of the manual , no luck so far.. I am on hold at Motorola as I type..
Can you please enlighten me about these switch options until I get more info.. Also please advise which power lead is which as it has two, I assume one is switched the other not ??? or is one for the RF unit ?

Also How do I know if my radio needs an upgrade ?? All I remember is it a MTS2000 type III 800 Mhz

Thnaks,
Jerry
jerryhope@compuserve.com
resqguy911

Re: MTVA Convertacom for MTS2000 800Mhz

Post by resqguy911 »

"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
jerryhope
New User

Post by jerryhope »

Thank you for the link, that cleared up the dip switches, but could not find any reference to the rocker switch on top of the radio holder unit...

There is a lot of greek in that link !!! I have no clue if ANY of the other info (ie 256 Vs 512) affects me

Thanks again
Jerry
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

jerryhope wrote: but could not find any reference to the rocker switch on top of the radio holder unit...
Thanks again
Jerry
That rocker switch turns on/off the PAC RT function if you have one wired up, as long as you have no
PAC RT the switch does nothing.
fineshot1
NJ USA
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

jerryhope wrote: There is a lot of greek in that link !!! I have no clue if ANY of the other info (ie 256 Vs 512) affects me

Thanks again
Jerry
It only affects you if rebanding affects you....
http://www.motorola.com/governmentanden ... df?cwrap=n
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”