XPR8300 Analog Channels

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jasong224

XPR8300 Analog Channels

Post by jasong224 »

On the XPR8300 repeater can you add multiple analog channels (same frequencies, but with different PL/DPL codes?) I see the CPS software seems to allow it, but I have not actually tried this on a production unit?
jasong224

Re: XPR8300 Analog Channels

Post by jasong224 »

If it can’t be done internally has anyone used an external controller to accomplish this? In particular the Motorola ZR310?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide?
Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

Post by Motoboy »

I have tried to find some way to get channel steering on a XPR8300, but to no avail. The reason I would like to do this is so that I can program an additional analog channel to a repeater running in digital mode so I don't need to connect my laptop to test. I spent a couple of hours on this but I came up with nothing.

What I have been doing on my TRBO repeater installations is programming the second channel for analog on the same freq pair, then when I read the repeater with my laptop, all I need to do is drag the analog channel into the Channel 1 spot. You can have as many channels as you would want, but only channel 1 is active. When I'm done I drag the digital channel to the channel 1 spot.

/\/\b
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer
jasong224

Post by jasong224 »

Motoboy wrote:You can have as many channels as you would want, but only channel 1 is active. When I'm done I drag the digital channel to the channel 1 spot.

/\/\b
So far that's all I have been able to accomplish too.
KI4M

Post by KI4M »

You can switch between channels in RDAC if you are using IPSC. You can switch between programmed channels in the repeater itself via a drop down menu. I am not certain how many modes/channels can be done this way but I have done something very similar to what you are describing. I have Channel # 1 as a TRBO Digital channel and Channel # 2 as a narrowband conventional analog channel. They are both on the same frequency pair and the analog is used for interference testing etc.
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

I tried installing a LTR/CTCSS panel in the 8300 repeater, but was never able to get it to work properly. There is no DISC audio that has the capability of passing low frequency DPL, also I wasn't able to hook up TX DPL/CTCSS. I don't know if this a design problem or was done purposely to prevent the installation of an aftermarket panel. Now this was using the ACCY connector,I didn't try and do it at the board level.
JRayfield

Post by JRayfield »

I interfaced a TL-Net LTR repeater controller, from Bridgecom Systems, to an XPR8300 and it worked fine (in LTR mode).

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
www.rayfield.net
Rayfield Communications
Springfield, MO
www.rayfield.net

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”