HT1000 with super low audio on receive problem

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Spdfile1
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola

HT1000 with super low audio on receive problem

Post by Spdfile1 »

I have an HT1000 (UHF) in which I swapped out the back plate that holds the battery because one of the clips on the bottom was broken. The swap out was successful and the radio powers up fine and transmits like it's supposed to. The problem is when I test it's receive capability I hear the radio key up but the audio is super low to the point where you can't make out any voice. No static just a sound that tells you it's receiving the signal but no audio. I have not hooked it up to RSS yet as I'm just about finished installing it on my Panasonic Toughbook CF-27 but anyone have any ideas as to the issue? Thanks!!!

Scott S. (N4SYR)
N4SYR
fineshot1

Re: HT1000 with super low audio on receive problem

Post by fineshot1 »

Possibly the channel you are trying to receive is programmed for "Hear Clear" receive
fineshot1
NJ USA
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

Try it with a speaker mike to compare. GARY.
Spdfile1
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Post by Spdfile1 »

Hey Gary good to see you in here. I tried it with a speaker mic and I get the same unfortunately. I gotta hook it up to RSS and check the settings on it. See if there is something volume wise that needs adjusting. If not I'll take it to Chris (AJ1Q) so he can look at it.
N4SYR

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”