GM300 P5 on screen - Error Code 2056

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sevensins
New User

GM300 P5 on screen - Error Code 2056

Post by sevensins »

Hello,

I have a GM300 MODEL : M43GMC29C2AA, have made a programing cable as per https://www.george-smart.co.uk/scrapbook/gm300_cables/ , When I switch it on there is a along tone beep and a P5 is displayed on the screen. using dosbox on win8.1 I can run the dos based programming software. The com test is successful. When I Read the radio, it reads the code plug from 1-20 and then states "A run time error has occurred Signed value out of range Error Code 2056" in a red popup. I have searched the internet but I cannot find any information on this. Any help/guidance/support would be much appreciated.

73's
AP2CJ
sevensins
New User

Re: GM300 P5 on screen - Error Code 2056

Post by sevensins »

Ive got the radio in operational mode. Here is how I did It.

arranged another GM300 M43GMC29C2__, got radio doctor to read the new radio and save the code plug. Then close the software, connect the cable as described above to the radio showing P5 when switched on. Load the saved code plug file in software and write to the faulty radio. It gave the serial number popup which I ignored, can edit the serial number in the radio doctor software before writing. Everything worked fine :D

73's
AP2CJ

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”