Motorola Micom 2R

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KL4QG
New User

Motorola Micom 2R

Post by KL4QG »

I’m in process buying 2R with Motorola 2265 tuner

My question what is worth $$ of these two together ?

Can a palm or road king noise canceling power mic be added to Micom 2R

Were can I buy mic connectors and other front connectors

I already own Micom 2ES love it

I’m using Pro Master by Alpha antenna 18 foot Vert it’s very broad banded antenna using on my 41 boat at Coast Guard Station in Kodiak Alaska

Plan on using Pro Master on Mountain setups in Kodiak AK if you buy Alpha Pro Master remember to ground them well -I did a review on eham

I need all help I can get with 2R and 2ES

Thanks all from Alaska
Joe C
Hartley
Batboard $upporter

Re: Motorola Micom 2R

Post by Hartley »

The MICOM 2R uses military mic connectors, which are not easy to find (at a rational price!). Best bet is to find olde, beat-up handsets on eBay, etc. and steal the plugs. If the pins are in the connector (visible from the outside), you can solder to the inside. Military mics of this era are low impedance (600 ohms) so you shud be able to use other similar mics - same as the 2ES you already have.
flyinace09
What radios do you own?: XTS/XTL5000, AS+, etc.

Re: Motorola Micom 2R

Post by flyinace09 »

On that end - if you find some beat up accessories with the military connector - you have a good 50/50 chance they were built with the solder-on pins and you can effectively harvest the connectors with minimal effort or damage. I have some H250 handsets elsewhere otherwise I'd pull one apart to verify.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”