MX7000 - Mounting feet question

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

losangelescop

MX7000 - Mounting feet question

Post by losangelescop »

I recently picked up a used MX7000 to add to my collection. Sat it on top of the car and ran the wires to the battery to test (not installing it on the car at the present time) and noticed that the mounting feet come out about half an inch to an inch past the roofline, and end up sitting on the top of the door frames (Seems to be a 47").

Should I choose to mount it one day in the distant future, is there any way to mount the feet differently on the lightbar so that they don't stick out as much, or does the MX come with non-adjustable mounting feet?

Nic.
Motorola, Federal Signal and the MX7000 RULE!
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: MX7000 - Mounting feet question

Post by FireCpt809 »

Flip it over there are 4 1/2 in nuts to loosen and slide the mounting legs in.
losangelescop

Post by losangelescop »

I have just checked this and it appears they were already at full retraction. Did notice in each mounting channel/groove however there was some plastic tubing that has been cut up to the mounting bracket position, will cutting off more tubing be okay/fix the problem or is that something I shouldn't be doing?

Nic.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

you can take the tubing out and cut it to size. That is there to reduce wind noise.
losangelescop

Post by losangelescop »

Excellent! Thanks for the help. :)

Nic.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”