akardam.net Motorola Tools & Documents & Mirrored

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

akardam

akardam.net Motorola Tools & Documents & Mirrored

Post by akardam »

Utilities that I've developed to aid my exploration of Motorola radios can be found here:

akardam.net Motorola Utilities
----------------------------------------

Motorola Flashcode Decoder
Decodes Flashcodes for all Motorola Flashport capable radios.

Motorola Astro to Astro25 Conventional Frequency Converter
Tired of manually retyping all your frequencies when you get your shiny new XTS 5000? This tool will help you import your conventional channels with ease.

As always, have fun, and please post with any questions, requests, comments, gripes, etc.

Mirrored Documents
In some cases, documents that provide usefull information are no longer available at their original locations. When this happens I try and mirror them here.
Last edited by akardam on Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

OUT FREEKIN STANDING MATE!
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

Bravo!

Well played, sir.
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

i'm going to be releasing a Windows Application that does the same thing, good for copying and pasting or use on a laptop where there is no internet access. I've already started porting it over to the J2ME platform for my nextel.
akardam

Post by akardam »

Since I was laid up at home under the weather today, I spent most of the day poking around and updating data in the decoder for the newer Astro25 products. Suggestions and corrections are of course welcome.

Enjoy!
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Where you also looking at doing the WinCE verison, or what that someone else
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
akardam

Post by akardam »

No, that wasn't me... my perl-fu is greater than my windows mobile-fu.
compuman81

Post by compuman81 »

Ok, I made a thread of the windows one. I don't have a pocket pc anymore otherwise I'd port it to that too lol
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

If you can port to WM2003 or WM5 I would take a copy in a heartbeat.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
akardam

Post by akardam »

I've added a simplified flashcode-only mode for mobile devices with internet connectivity (i.e. web enabled phones):

Motorola Flashcode Decoder for SmartPhones

Suggestions welcome.
DES-AJ
What radios do you own?: Too many...

Post by DES-AJ »

Is their a jave version of your flashcode decoder somewhere Akardam? For us non Web enabled phone users :)

Just be nice to be able to suss out Motorola flashcodes using my Motorola RAZR V3i :lol:

PS Love your work! :wink:
akardam

Post by akardam »

I believe there is another user on the board here who at one time was working on a Java based decoder for J2ME phones - I believe there's a seperate thread for it. I do not know what the status of his project is at this time.

Thanks for the good words. It's an ongoing project, as with all things. More updates to come, I'm sure.
akardam

Post by akardam »

Added the Astro25 conventional frequency converter tonight. It's still in beta as it were, but it should be pretty stable. Feel free to bang on it and reply with any bugs.
DES-AJ
What radios do you own?: Too many...

Post by DES-AJ »

Nice work, trying it now. :)
AES AND DES ARE NOT CCI's - YOU CAN EXPORT THEM IF YOU WANT - Wassenaar Arrangement
Jay
Batboard $upporter

Post by Jay »

Wish I had your astro - > astro25 convertor a few weeks prior when I setup 180 + conventional modes that were of course, all ready in a xts3k.

I tried it out this evening and it looks good. Thanks for the effort you've put into it.

Jay
K4RUR

Post by K4RUR »

Hi,
I just tried out the decoder for the mobile phones and it works like a champ!!! Thank you very much Akardam, I don't know how much time it took to do it, but you have made a fan out of me!!

Lowry K4RUR
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Totally great :)
you could prob sell it off to M
they would prob only offer you nothing though
akardam

Post by akardam »

Added the more comprehensive CPS Out of Band HOWTO that I've been banging around with for some time now. Credit really goes to dxon2m for motivating me to get off my arse and finish it based on his fine example :)

http://www.akardam.net/moto/docs/cps-oob.html
GEMOTO

Post by GEMOTO »

Any chance of an ATSRO 25 --> ASTRO converter?
akardam

Post by akardam »

I could build it quite easily, except that for some brain dead reason, the Astro CPS does not allow you to import conventional personality / zone assignments - I think the only thing it does is some DTMF function or whatnot.

Curse Mother M for putting a great feature in there and then crippling it...
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

Only phone lists are supported at the moment. The rest will be covered in a later release, according to the readme.
akardam

Post by akardam »

Yeap... that'd be the one I was thinking of...
akardam

Re: akardam.net Motorola Utilities: Decoders & Converters

Post by akardam »

Just completed a slew of updates to the Flashcode Decoder:
  • Updated options for all classes and platforms, including MTS & MCS, Astro Portable & Mobile, and Astro25 Portable & Mobile.
  • Ability to differentiate between all classes (seperated Portable & Mobile for Astro & Astro25).
  • Ability to show which class a certian option applies to when decoding more than one Flashcode.
  • Ability to copy and paste a simplified output to embed in FSWT posts, etc.
http://www.akardam.net/moto/tools/decode3.pl

Let me know if any issues and/or oddities pop up.
radioinstl
What radios do you own?: Liberty MBITR APX7000 75000

Post by radioinstl »

here are 2 more options to add to you Flashcode decoder -
Q400 Type 1 capability and DES Encryption
Q374 Type 1 and DES Encryption

both require H869 Multikey
both are also listed as "SOVERIGN AND CLASSIFIED"
akardam

Post by akardam »

Actually those are order options, not flashcode options.
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

akardam wrote:KG6SLY | Broadcasting Around the Galaxy Around the Clock
Saying "APCO or IMBE" is like saying "Bacon or purple".
Glad you like my analogy.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
akardam

Re: akardam.net Motorola Tools & Documents

Post by akardam »

For those of you out there in radioland that have been purchasing the Thales 25 (Racal) radios, I've written a utility that can help you import channels from your existing Astro or Astro25 radios:

Thales 25 Importer

It is currently in beta testing. Please let me know if you have any problems.
4n6inv

Post by 4n6inv »

Stupid; stupid question... Does this work in reverse? Meaning; there are a LOT of folks that have XTS's that still have Astro Spectras in the patrol cars, etc. that would like to put the same info into the crappy Astro Spectra codeplug? Is this a fantasy? I'm only asking because I'm in China for the next couple of weeks, and wheh I get home; I have to do a codeplug revision for several counties in West Texas that have the above mentioned combination - whereas; the XTS's are already good to go, but they want the Astro Spectra's in the cars to mirror the hand helds.

PM's would be appreciated, or reflect here for anybody else that lost a bet with God.

Take care,

Jim
akardam

Post by akardam »

Simply use the top level drag and drop function. Since a 3k and an Astro Spectra are the same generation/platform, no 3rd party conversion of the data is necessary.
4n6inv

Post by 4n6inv »

I only wish it were that easy... No, these are XTS5000's to be mirrored in Astro Spectra mobiles. The consolettes are Astro Spectra Plus' so that's no issue in converting. It's the old plain Jane Astro Spectra mobiles that'll be a PITA. 168 channels worth in two zones. I know it's retarded, but I'm blue in the face from trying to change their minds. I should have be clearer in my previous post. What say you about this?
akardam

Post by akardam »

Unfortunately the Astro line CPS import functions are extremely limited, as documented in other threads, so what you're suggesting is not practicable.
akardam

Re: akardam.net Motorola Tools & Documents & Mirrored

Post by akardam »

FYI, I've added a link in the original post to the mirrored documents section of my site. If there's a usefull document you're looking for that dissapeared from its original location, you can check there.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

radioinstl wrote: both are also listed as "SOVERIGN AND CLASSIFIED"
Really classified, or just UNCLASSIFIED CCI when unkeyed?
akardam

Post by akardam »

At the request of a user of the Flashcode decoder, I've added an couple different formatting options for the copy/paste function, including all-out HTML (if you're embedding in a web page) and PHPBB Code (if you want to paste the output into a forum like ours that supports BBCode). If anyone has any other suggestions and/or requests, please let me know.
akardam

Post by akardam »

After many moons of thinking about it, I finally got the creative juices flowing and sat down and recoded parts of the flashcode decoder to allow the selection of individual flashport-capable radio types. This is especially handy because of the whacky way Motorola did some of the options on the lower-tier Astro25 portables. I've also updated the APX portable options, and the utility now includes options for the APX mobile.

As always, if you have experience any problems using the decoder, or have any suggestions or other comments, please drop me a PM.

Motorola Flashcode Decoder

In order to streamline things and to more efficiently use the screen real estate, the Spectra MoFlag functionality was not brought over into the new version of the decoder (also, it's not used all that much anyway). It is still available in the older version of the decoder, here:

Motorola Spectra MoFlag Decoder
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

I just put the bookmark for the mobile decoder on my Crackberry...thanks for making a mobile app.
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
akardam

Post by akardam »

Thanks to all those that wrote about the decoder internal server error. This was due to some less than expected server maintenance. The issue has been corrected. As always, any questions or comments please PM me.
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

What happened to all the programs??

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
crazyboy

Post by crazyboy »

ScannerDan wrote:What happened to all the programs??
Motorola Happened...
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

Well now Moto has its own version, but requires a log-on.
https://flashcode.radiocentral.motorolasolutions.com/
ScannerDan

Post by ScannerDan »

I just looked at the portal it's ok I did like yours better.

I hate arguing with stupid people. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “Radio Programming”