Astro Spectra scan setting

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radiocat37

Astro Spectra scan setting

Post by radiocat37 »

I have an Astro Spectra VHF 110W W4. It has been awhile since I have programmed one and am trying to set the scan up for user select scan. Can someone point me in the right direction on the user select scan settings.
Brian Griffin: Ah, if my memory serves me, this is the physics department.
Chris Griffin: That would explain all the gravity.

Lois: Peter, you're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted because I've been up all night drinking.
triptolemus

Re: Astro Spectra scan setting

Post by triptolemus »

Short version is something like this...

Under Conventional Personality / Scan: Make a scan list selection. Decide if the personality will be Automatic Scan (usually no).

Under Scan List, make Non-Priority Members = "Operator Select". You have some options here for Priority member. When configured properly, the operator can change the priority member to something other than Selected Channel.

Under Control Head, assign a buttons to functions Scan and Sel. You will press and hold Scan to enter Scan List Program mode. See page 46 here for information on programming a scan list and using dynamic priority: http://ipf.msu.edu/_files/pdfs/user-gui ... -guide.pdf

You may also wish to add a Del button for Nuisance Delete; useful when you want to temporarily drop a channel from the scan list. The scan list reverts to its programmed state after a mode change or power off/on.

Return to “ASTRO Series (Astro Saber, Spectra, XTS3000/3500) Subscribers”