Wanted Spectra HiPwr T83 mini UHF Antenna Connector

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N4BE_Jim
New User

Wanted Spectra HiPwr T83 mini UHF Antenna Connector

Post by N4BE_Jim »

I need the female bulkhead mount connector for tSpectra, ideally with the coax pigtail if possible. It’s a mini-UHF type.

Thanks, Jim N4BE
Thanks,
Jim

Note- I ship to/from US only.
fineshot1

Re: Wanted Spectra HiPwr T83 mini UHF Antenna Connector

Post by fineshot1 »

If you want a pigtail as a replacement why don't you make your own. You can make it with any
RF connector you prefer. I would go with the SO-239 pigtail or if you want smaller and screw
on you can go with a TNC.
fineshot1
NJ USA
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Can you clarify just exactly are you looking for?

Are you looking to replace the internal mini UHF connector cable from the front of the radio to the PA decking, or to make an adapter cable to go from the front mini UHF connector to a flex cable you can connect a larger cable to?

Jim
ClyneSnowtail
New User

Post by ClyneSnowtail »

fineshot1 wrote:If you want a pigtail as a replacement why don't you make your own. You can make it with any
RF connector you prefer. I would go with the SO-239 pigtail or if you want smaller and screw
on you can go with a TNC.
Right. I accidentally cross threaded the mini UHF on my 110w Astro. I replaced it with a reverse TNC bulkhead connector. Had to drill the hole in the case out a bit and shave some off two sides of the 'nut' on the connector, but it works great. I used a piece of scrap dual shield coax to go to the RF board. I picked up about 10 watts output too after the change.

Return to “ASTRO Series (Astro Saber, Spectra, XTS3000/3500) Subscribers”