quantar for pocsag paging

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kgison

quantar for pocsag paging

Post by kgison »

Hi i have a quantar base running in conventional mode over wire line is it possible to use this quantar for pocsag paging .(digital paging)
I have tried various ways but the square wave becomes distorted when the baud rate increases.
I can generate a comma externally and interface the quantar via the 50 way telco port and this appears fine.(PTT via PIN 23 #14 CONNECTOR)
Has any one used the quantar for digital paging?
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

hmmm

Post by batdude »

you want to run pocsag on your existing conventional repeater pair?

#1 - i don't think that's legal unless your FCC license specifically allows it - you might have to upgrade your station license.

#2 - there is no standard option to enable the quantar to do this - hence the reason the nucleus paging transmitters were made

d
Zaputil

Post by Zaputil »

The Quantar and the Nucleus, although they look alike, are mainly different in the type of modulation that they use. POCSAG requires NRZ (non-return to zero) modulation, which the Quantar doesn't have.
Hope this helps.

-SZ

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”