MTS2000 Green light Always on - Radio DOA

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SPGoC

MTS2000 Green light Always on - Radio DOA

Post by SPGoC »

I've got an 800 MTS2000 here that is DOA.

On power up, the green light comes on and stays on.

No beeps, no tones, on keypresses or otherwise.

No info on the display. Can't even get it to light up (unknown if the top side button is programmed for light or not).

Can't read radio... Either get a timeout or NAK error.

Tried writing to radio with archive and get same timeout or NAK errors.

Anyone ever run across this before? Any fixes or workarounds?

Thanks in advance!
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

This looks like a controller error.Perhaps,defective firmware inside.
If you have the modified RIB and a 1200 or 2100 series upgradetool,you can check it.If the radio will bootstrap and the tool gives you an
error messgage like radio or model number not supported,you have only a bad firmware.

Andreas
SPGoC

Post by SPGoC »

I remember reading something about this somewhere... The modified RIB and upgrade tool, but can't seem to find it again.

Is it on the main Batlabs site, or somewhere else?

If you could post more info it would be appreciated!

Danke!
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

You can find a schematic on my homepage.For more information read the page or contact me via e-mail.

Andreas
RKG

Post by RKG »

It is posible that your radio, which appears to be in "ROS Idle" mode, has been toolproofed. There is something in the "Model Specific" pages that outlines one method for recovering a toolproofed radio, but I can't verify that it works.
SPGoC

Post by SPGoC »

I had thought of the toolproof problem first.

I have seen several toolproof'ed radios in the past, and they would all get past the green light blinking, and then give a low tone instead of the standard high tone, and the display would indicate FL 01/93.

Has anyone seen a toolproof error that won't get past the POST test and show the symptoms that I listed in the original post?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”