Complete List of all North American Jedi's

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MotoVio
was VioLenT

Complete List of all North American Jedi's

Post by MotoVio »

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any or had the wrong one's:

HT1000
JT1000
MT2000
MTS2000
MTX8000
MTX9000
MTX-838
MTX-LS

I'm not sure about the last 2... are they from NA or another continent/country?

If you do a quick google search for the MTX-LS/838 You'll come back with a bunch of foreign (asian/spanish/australian) communications site's with their original /\/\ brochures in pdf format. (all in the english language with the schaumburg address at the bottom might I add.)
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

The MTX-LS is just an LTR version of the Jedi, they were very much used in North America.

You forgot the MTX2000 radio as being part of the Jedi family. It's a UHF trunking portable.

As well, the XTS series are "technically" Jedis as well.

-M
VoIP: BAT-MIKE (228-6453)

Are YOU hamsexy?

ATU# 312
MotoVio
was VioLenT

Post by MotoVio »

I thought the MTX2000 wasn't a North American Jedi, guess i was wrong lolz, thanks for the informative reply :)
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

Well, when I first got one, nobody I asked seemed to know just what it was, telling me that it wasn't a North American radio, but the sticker does infact say "Motorola Canada Ltd", so..

M

Are YOU hamsexy?

ATU# 312
Motoman
What radios do you own?: XTS3000 III, MTS2000 III,

Post by Motoman »

ExKa|iBuR wrote: It's a UHF trunking portable.
I've got an MTX-838 with the model label on the back saying it's a MTX-2000, however it is very much conventional and trunking, u can have 99ch conventional or trunking.
Motoman at your service!
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

Yeah. It's late :)

My MTX2000 does both conventional and trunking (Type I and II). It does 250 modes out of the box (no hacking required), as well as MDC.

-Mike

Are YOU hamsexy?

ATU# 312
sq5ag

Post by sq5ag »

Hi!
ExKa|iBuR wrote: My MTX2000 does both conventional and trunking (Type I and II). It does 250 modes out of the box (no hacking required), as well as MDC.

I have 2 UHF MTX2000 in the B7 version, and both of them were made in the US (at least the sticker on the back says this).
I've seen a few B3s and they were made in the US too.

The versions I have do accept conventional frequencies, as well as Type II trunked systems.

However, they don't have MDC.
Is there a way to activate it with MTSX-Lab? If so, what functions are available? Only PTT-ID, or something else too?

Adam
SQ5AG - SP/F4DDP
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

Hi Adam;

Well, on my MTX2000's, I can do PTT-ID, Emergency and Status/Messages.

As for hacking the radio with MTSX Lab, well, I can only assume this would work, as it works just fine on every other MTSX (except the MTS, of course), but you'd have to give it a try.

Just backup the radio's brains with an S-Record incase something goes south, and you'll be fine.

-M

Are YOU hamsexy?

ATU# 312
Dazed&Contused

Post by Dazed&Contused »

Is the Visar a Jedi radio?
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Post by batdude »

visar is not a jedi. i think it's the only radio that can't reliably pass the 6 foot drop test w/o nuking the controller.

this statement:

As well, the XTS series are "technically" Jedis as well.

is wrong too.

the XTS is the COSMO line and shares not a damn thing with Jedi except the side accessory port/programming cable and maybe the antenna.

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Has anybody seen a MTX2000 with a US FCC ID ? Seen them offered a few times on EBay and always from a Canadian seller and E-mail revealed no US FCC # Seems at least the VHF model was made for Canada for use on their VHF trunking systems.
sq5ag

Post by sq5ag »

Hi!
RadioSouth wrote:Has anybody seen a MTX2000 with a US FCC ID ? Seen them offered a few times on EBay and always from a Canadian seller and E-mail revealed no US FCC # Seems at least the VHF model was made for Canada for use on their VHF trunking systems.

Well, I have, as I said previously.
On one of my MTX2000, on the sticker I can read this:
FCC ID: AZ489FT4781
The model number is: H01RDH9DB7AN

And below I read "Made in USA by Motorola, for customer service call [blahblahblah] Radio products group, FT. LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA"

I've had a lot of these radios in my hands, mainly B3 and B7 versions, and they all had the same sticker.

Adam
SQ5AG - SP/F4DDP
sq5ag

Post by sq5ag »

Hi!
ExKa|iBuR wrote:
As for hacking the radio with MTSX Lab, well, I can only assume this would work, as it works just fine on every other MTSX (except the MTS, of course), but you'd have to give it a try.
I have the s-record, no problem :wink:

The problem is that I can't find the parameter to change to get MDC in the Lab software. I've seen all the menus, and I don't find anything :(

I thought about dumping an s-record from another radio, but it would be too much time-consuming for me to program everything from scratch (I have more that 160 personnalities now, in the current codeplug...).

Adam
SQ5AG - SP/F4DDP
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Re: ..

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

batdude wrote: the XTS is the COSMO line and shares not a damn thing with Jedi except the side accessory port/programming cable and maybe the antenna.
Ah, my apologies. The local radio shop calls an XTS a Jedi radio, but I guess he was just misinformed. I've heard the XTS series called what I thought was something like Cosmic, but I guess COSMO would be it :)

Thanks for the clarification

-M

Are YOU hamsexy?

ATU# 312
ExKa|iBuR
Suspended TFN

Post by ExKa|iBuR »

It's been a while, but...

You need to go into Conventional MDF Capabilities, the in there, hit F2 "MDC Signalling Capabilities" and in there you can enable things like Status, Message, RTT, Radio Inhibit, Emergency, RAC, Call Alert, etc...

-M

Are YOU hamsexy?

ATU# 312
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

Well, I have, as I said previously.
On one of my MTX2000, on the sticker I can read this:
FCC ID: AZ489FT4781
The model number is: H01RDH9DB7AN

And below I read "Made in USA by Motorola, for customer service call [blahblahblah] Radio products group, FT. LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA"

I've had a lot of these radios in my hands, mainly B3 and B7 versions, and they all had the same sticker.

Adam
SQ5AG - SP/F4DDP[/quote]

OK, 1st time I saw mention of the FCC #. Export radios also come out of the same facility, a lot going on there in Ft. Lauderdale.
OX

Post by OX »

Luke, Darth Vader, Lea, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Darth Mull. Did I miss anyone?
GP-38
What radios do you own?: RR Spectras, MT2K, SS3, HT1K

Post by GP-38 »

[null]
What explosion?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”