Jedi/MT2000 Reliability?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rodell

Jedi/MT2000 Reliability?

Post by rodell »

I had a 160 ch UHF "R" model MT2000 come across my bench today. This one had the problem that has been described here several times: Bad rx sensitivity until PTT is pressed or radio is power cycled.

I took it apart, and, reseated both of the flex cables. Voila! It worked just fine, and, has been cycling in the chamber and working for the last 10 hours or so.

This is amazing to me. Should I be worried about this radio (and a dozen others like it) in critical situations? Did I just get lucky? I've never had a HT1000 have a problem like this - should I recommend the 48 channel MT2000 models?

Thanks for the bat.wisdom.

Rob
Frederick, CO
JOHN 1807
Batboard $upporter

Post by JOHN 1807 »

Don't mean to answer your question with another question but,

I have never heard of any "R" (I assume you mean ruggedized) Jedi, is there really such a thing?

-John
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

I think Rob is referring to 'R' as in low split UHF. All Jedi's have those same two flex cables whether top display, front display or no display. So
the failure rate should be similar.
rodell

Post by rodell »

Yes, the "R" model is the low split. I should have been more specific.

I had never been into one before. If the same flex cables are in place, then, I'd expect the same rates. I'm a little worried.

These are updates from GP350's, so there could be a mix of wide and narrow channels available. The GP350's have been incredibly reliable.

Rob
Cowthief
Fail 01/90

R-JT1000

Post by Cowthief »

Hello.

Yes, there is indeed a rugged JT1000.
The units have an air valve, just like the waterproof sabers.
The units are otherwise almost exactly like the standard counterpart, just a little bigger.
JOHN 1807
Batboard $upporter

Post by JOHN 1807 »

You learn something new everyday.

-J
Tony Soprano
Batboard $upporter

Re: R-JT1000

Post by Tony Soprano »

Cowthief wrote:Hello.

The units are otherwise almost exactly like the standard counterpart, just a little bigger.
All right CT, I've left you to your devices for a long time now, but I gotta thow a flag on this one. This an SP build? Care to provide more information? Such as where you have seen them?
Tony Soprano
Batboard $upporter

Post by Tony Soprano »

Tony Soprano wrote:

All right CT, I've left you to your devices for a long time now, but I gotta thow a flag on this one. This an SP build? Care to provide more information? Such as where you have seen them?
Still waiting.......
n3kvp
Batboard $upporter

Post by n3kvp »

Yes, I would like to hear this also, along with the rumors of alpha tagging, I have made the JT1000 my special project for the past 2.5 years, I have 4 UHF and 2 VHF, (of which I will take to my grave), I have collected any and all books, manuals, sales brochures, special service tools, $295.00 worth of RSS from MOL, and all factory cables from "Monty" and MOL. I have radios with both versions of firmware 3.00 & 3.02 and there is nothing in the User or Service Manual (with all of the updates) that mentions any "Rugged" model, or RSS Manual with any alpha tagging.
So please, if any of these exist please post photos or model numbers, if you can’t post them send them to me or someone else that can!
Butch

Post by 10-95 »

Tony Soprano wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:

Still waiting.......
I'm glad you're just waiting, if you held your breath on this one you'd be dead! The JT1000R is in that showcase along with the FFP Spectra and the other spy goodies at CIA HQ!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”