MTS2000

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

muggsy09

MTS2000

Post by muggsy09 »

Hello, as I've posted before I am new to radio programming and I have looked over the posts on MTS2000. An on going discussion about wheather or not MDC1200 PTT ID is factory from M. I just bought one off ebay and now I am a little concerned as to if it has MDC1200 PTT ID. I relize it can be upgraded to do this but I assume this is done at Motorola not just at with my RSS and nothing else?

Kind of silly I have a Radius P110 that does MDC1200 but there is a chance my MTS won't.

Thanks in advance.
wb4bsd
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000v, MTS2000v, MTS2000u

Post by wb4bsd »

Thats true. MDC1200 is a Flash option with the flashport radio's. I too have an MTS2000 uhf model 1 that doesnt have it, but i do have a vhf and XTS3000 that do have it. Its all a matter or the flashcode installed in the radio. You can have it upgraded but who knows how much that would cost.

There are also some other ways you can add mdc1200 to your radio. Maybe some of the more technical folks on the board can elaberate a little more.
Rusty
(I no longer have nextel. I now have an iPhone)
muggsy09

Post by muggsy09 »

Thanks I emailed the guy to see if he knows if it has MDC or not. But either way still a nice unit to have.
muggsy09

Post by muggsy09 »

Just got a response for the guy I bought the radio off of and it has MDC option. Thanks for you input.
JOHN 1807
Batboard $upporter

Post by JOHN 1807 »

I'm not sure- (I had the same discussion and questions as you a while back) but it seemsthe general concensus is that MDC encode for ptt-id is standard on the MTS- as a matter of fact, thats just what M calls it in the advertisement (standard)

What it won't do without the proper flash is decode/display MDC id's

-John
Fuel4300
Batboard $upporter

Post by Fuel4300 »

JOHN 1807 wrote:I'm not sure- (I had the same discussion and questions as you a while back) but it seemsthe general concensus is that MDC encode for ptt-id is standard on the MTS- as a matter of fact, thats just what M calls it in the advertisement (standard)

What it won't do without the proper flash is decode/display MDC id's

-John
Whether or not you have the ability to decode ID's is also firmware dependant if I remember correctly.

Mike
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

its only standard on H35 option.

H37 or H38 radios won't do it since they are trunked flashes with basic conventional operation.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
JOHN 1807
Batboard $upporter

Post by JOHN 1807 »

apco25 wrote:its only standard on H35 option.

H37 or H38 radios won't do it since they are trunked flashes with basic conventional operation.
You guys are correct as usual, I pulled out the plastic packaging from mts, sure enough- flashed for H35 conventional operation.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”