Motorola HT1250

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

squashie8

Motorola HT1250

Post by squashie8 »

Is there a way to program a button to enable signaling for a channel. What I mean is instead of having two channels programmed with the same frequencies except one has signaling enabled just have one channel and have a button that can be pressed to enable and disable it. Any help would be appreciated.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

Nope. I'm afraid there's really no way to make that happen.
squashie8

Thanks

Post by squashie8 »

Thank you for your help. :D
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Yes and no.......

If your on simplex and use the talk-around button, you can enable and disable MDC-1200 by pressing one button [the talk-around button].

On a simplex frequency, I enable MCD only on receive. Then enable the talkaround feature in the CPS. Program one of the side buttons or front buttons for talkaround. When your in talkaround mode, the radio reverts its personality to the receive programming (which is enabled for MDC).

Haven't tried other signaling protocals like QC, DTMF, but I'd bet this trick would also work.

Enjoy :D
squashie8

Quick call

Post by squashie8 »

I'm new at this radio programming stuff. What is simplex? I still havent understood the whole talk around feature either. The radio is on Quick Call. I guess if I understood this more I could understand the work around that you are talking about. Thanks though I will look into that.
JOHN 1807
Batboard $upporter

Post by JOHN 1807 »

Simplex is radio to radio (talkaround)

- versus radio to repeater to radio.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

If you are talking about an HT1250 that is set up as a pager using Quick Call and you are just looking to be able to monitor, that is a slightly different story.

If you set the Call Alert reset time to "manual" you should find that keying up the PTT will cause the radio to go into the "released" state, so that you can monitor activity on the channel, without having to receiver the Quick Call tones. It should then stay in the "released" state until you press the monitor button again put it in pager mode.

To answer your other question, simplex refers to a channel that is set up to transmit and receive on the same frequency, as opposed to a channel which operates through a repeater, utilizing different transmit and receive frequencies.

The talkaround function is designed to allow a radio operating on a split repeater channel to operate in simplex mode, usually on the repeater's "output" frequency. This allows direct unit-to-unit communication when the repeater is unreachable, or users don't want to broadcast a message over the larger repeater coverage area.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”