ASTRO SABER 3 PROGRAMMING

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

medic40917

ASTRO SABER 3 PROGRAMMING

Post by medic40917 »

I HAVE THE RSS 7.0 USED IN DOS FOR PROGRAMMING MY SABER 3. I JUST BAUGHT A ASTRO SABER 3. CAN I USE THE SAME PROGRAM OR DO I NEED A DIFFERENT ONE SPECIFIC TO ASTRO SABER AND IF SO IS THERE A WAY I CAN OBTAIN IT. :wink: THANKS CHRIS
Last edited by medic40917 on Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HumHead

Post by HumHead »

The Saber and Astro Saber are completely different radio platforms, and use completely different software packages.

The only legal way to get the RSS is to call the Motorola Accessories dividison, request and complete a software license agreement, and order the software (currently $265, I believe).

This board has a hard rule against any posts having to do with with the sale / trade/ giving away of copyrighted Motorola software. You may want to take a moment to read the rules in the header of the main index page before people start getting unhappy or excited.

I'm afraid that I don't have the phone number for the Accessories division, or the software license kit part # (it's free), available to me at the moment. Hopefully someone else will post them, otherwise, I'll try to get them later.

Good luck.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”