Minitor VI

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jmr3865
2 Warnings for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale
What radios do you own?: KW tk2170, tk730, etc.

Minitor VI

Post by jmr3865 »

What would you like to see?
JMR
KC2QVO
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

A pager with all the good qualities of the MV, without any of the drawbacks, ie: firmware & RSS updates every month, chargers melting pagers, false alerting for no apparent reason, etc, etc. This would mean complete R&D & engineering being done in-house at Motorola, as opposed to the customer's fleets...so I am not holding my breath on it. Don't get me wrong, I think the MV is great for the most part, with great physical build quality & excellent receive sensitivity. It just wasn't quite 'ready' for customer deployment, IMO.

I suppose being IMBE capable would have to be in the plans for the future, since everything's inexorably moving in that direction. Hello $2000 pager.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

Over my dead body will our fire communications ever be something other than analog.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
commtek
Batboard $upporter

Post by commtek »

A synthesized pager that not a POF like the M3, M4, and M5.
jmr3865

Post by jmr3865 »

SV even longer w/ pager voice times
more than 2 channels
amp charger that works and viberates the bed.
a little smaller and lighter
a little louder
common batteries (like the 3 and 4)
more detail in voice memo
the ability to reset the pager right after the dispatch w/o SV.
instead of musical tones, have the pager speak the name of the tone- ABC FD, ABC EMS.
longer battery life and better sensitivity
JMR
KC2QVO
bcooper

Post by bcooper »

the ability to reset the pager right after the dispatch w/o SV.
If you mean you can't reset the pager, you can. Turn the function switch to a different setting and then back. Works on mine.

Walter
jmr3865

Post by jmr3865 »

I am talking w/o touching the pager.
JMR
KC2QVO
phyrngn

Ideas

Post by phyrngn »

Heart safe tones....starting lower in volume and getting a little louder...something that will get you up, but won't necessarily wake the dead.

I know it has more to do with the system, but possibly an out of the area memory...ie, if you shut the pager off or leave the area, you can still get pages back when you are in town, along with electronic time stamp, so you know that the announcement was made yesterday and doesn't trigger a response. (Example--long winded, but I don't know if I got my point across--When I'm @ work, my pager is off. Sometimes, announcements are made, such as "Engine 31 OOS, etc." If I don't have that information when I get off duty, it may affect some of my Command Decisions.

Possibly combining an Alpha announcement to the pager for special announcements (as mentioned before).

Bluetooth compatibility.

Off topic, but it would be nice just to have my cell phone receive all the info that my pagers do...one phone instead of a phone and two pagers.
phyrngn

I forgot

Post by phyrngn »

I forgot to add...a visual battery readout...that gives you a little more warning.

Hell, why not solar cell battery backup? :lol:

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”