another min 5 problem

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lieut25

another min 5 problem

Post by lieut25 »

I have a batch of 6 min 5 pagers with amp chargers. They have been in service for aprox 5 months. Now one of the pagers the battery and pager went dead and wont power up and the other pager went dead and will not power up also. Yes i did try new batterys before anyone ask. I did ship out the pagers to motorola last week but have not heard anything yet.
Al

Post by Al »

What you're seeing is not new; Motorola has advised strongly to not use the Min V amplified chargers until they can find a fix:
http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=52492
MassFD
Batboard $upporter

Post by MassFD »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you're seeing is not new; Motorola has advised strongly to not use the Min V amplified chargers until they can find a fix:
http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=52492
Yea and they seem to be working at lightning speed as usual. What a load of crap, I have 60 of them issued and everyone is complaining about the buzz in the audio when both batterys are done charging. The ones that are not complaining about the buzz are complaining about the feedback howl because the pager becomes microphonic when in the charger. An external speaker cures the microphonics but who wants a speaker sitting next to the charger that already has a speaker.

I do have a few batterys that have been killed by the charger also.
Cause Motorola said so that's why
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

You can't blame Motorola for the delay on correcting the problem this time. Notice that the amplified charger is U.L. approved. Any and all changes to that charger means that the charger must go back to the Underwriters Labratory for recertification. They are the reason for the delay, not Motorola.

In the mean time, I'd recommend using the standard charger.
Dave
MassFD
Batboard $upporter

Post by MassFD »

You can't blame Motorola for the delay on correcting the problem this time. Notice that the amplified charger is U.L. approved. Any and all changes to that charger means that the charger must go back to the Underwriters Labratory for recertification. They are the reason for the delay, not Motorola.
RantModeON

I sure can blame Motorola, we waited 6 monts for these things to become avaiable due to a U.L. testing problem last time. Now we wait again.

I'M tired of Motorola using the end user as it's QA and testing Dept. They have learned nothing since the Minitor 3 about testing a product before release.

If there was an option Motorola could stop making voice pagers because everyone would be buying elseware

RantModeOff
Cause Motorola said so that's why
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

If they didn't design a piece of junk charger in the first place, there wouldn't be a problem at all.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

DJP126 wrote:You can't blame Motorola for the delay on correcting the problem this time. Notice that the amplified charger is U.L. approved. Any and all changes to that charger means that the charger must go back to the Underwriters Labratory for recertification. They are the reason for the delay, not Motorola.

In the mean time, I'd recommend using the standard charger.
I had some Amp charger problems.I called "M" and they shipped me 40 std chargers and 40 replacement batteries for no charge to swap out for problem Amps and Batts.
I heard today UL approved changes and shipping is starting shortly.
Not sure yet if a fix will be back to RSD or MSS level.
Wayne

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”