Siren Speaker in 1998 Blazer LS ?

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

TheAnka

Siren Speaker in 1998 Blazer LS ?

Post by TheAnka »

Anyone put a siren speaker in a 1998 Blazer? If so, what type did you use and where did you put it. Seems that no pre-made behind-the-grill mount exists, and one website I was reading on said that no behind-the-grill could fit.

Any solutions?
TWL911

Post by TWL911 »

FS dynamax in front of the wheel well.
2 ways to do it:
you can drill right in front of the turn signal and mount the bracket under there, or use some small muffler clamps and use the cross bracket that runs from the front edge of the bumper to the end closest to the wheel. I've done both.

if you mount it on the cross member, I like to use a mudflap, or something similar behind the speaker to keep debris from spinning off the tire.
code3media

Post by code3media »

I installed a Federal Signal AS124 in my 2000 Jimmy. Should be the same body style.

However if you have access to a Dynamax, you won't have to make too many adjustments like I had to.
TheAnka

Post by TheAnka »

Thanks for the ideas, I'll look at it a little closer next week and see what I can come up with.

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”