Spectra A9 Control Head Bracket

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wb4bsd
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000v, MTS2000v, MTS2000u

Spectra A9 Control Head Bracket

Post by wb4bsd »

Anyone know the part number for this?

I need one badly.
Rusty
(I no longer have nextel. I now have an iPhone)
Mike B

Post by Mike B »

There is a bracket (Trunnion Bracket) with long arms which can mount from below the head. There is also one with short arms that is too short to swing below the control head (it mounts from above or behind the head). You also need a spacer for each mounting hole. The control head bracket mounting hole is square, the spacer provides a round hole and the serrations to keep the head from rotating in the bracket (the spacer engages the square hole so it will not rotate). You can use the Motorola wing screws or the listed metric hardware to hold the head.

The short bracket is also used for single DEK heads all by themselves (above or below). The long arm bracket can mount an A9 head and a DEK if its mounted above the heads (the long arm version has two mounting holes per side).

The part numbers and info is listed here (sorry, the prices are way out of date now):
http://www.open.org/~blenderm/spectra/partssp.html#spa9
wb4bsd
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000v, MTS2000v, MTS2000u

Post by wb4bsd »

Thanks mike.. thats just what i needed.
Rusty
(I no longer have nextel. I now have an iPhone)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”