New 06 Suburban Install - PICS

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JustaBuff

New 06 Suburban Install - PICS

Post by JustaBuff »

Hey gang . well I havent had much time to post in here so I guess its time to play catch up. Ill be posting a few of the jobs for the past few months. heres one from last week to start - unfortunatly it was bad weather out so the pics are garage pics. A few key things - sorry for the radios - cust choice not mine, for those of you who know my postings you know my choice of product.
Truck consist of all whelen emergency items- 700series grill split lens, Below bumper duel speaker, cencom, 6 front strobe hideaway (fog,highbeam,corner)6 rear strobe hideaway, 4 duel dominators rear window in sync, 2 TIR3 rear mounted just under rear door/just above the bumper- this shows though when the door is closed great, and it is not in the chiefs eyes with the door open and offers great warning when hes back in command, duel dominator rear door mounted for open position for the same reason, dominator 8 Position TA, Strip lights rear side window mounted, 500 series rear body mounted & LED Mirror beams. The switch panel is for 1-kill the back window lights, 2 kill the Rear TIRs, 3-turn on and off rear remote speakers for UHF/VHF, 4 Turn on the 3 - 500 Series LED white lights, 5- turn on rear door dominator for the open position. the console is a Jotto Desk Drop in, Cust wanted to have a cup holder so we modified the cencom by through bolting the back to a clamshell and mounting it to the 1inch blank at the top of the of the console. any questions ask away .. heres a link to the pics
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/slfd111/album?.dir=/18b9
FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
firegood

Post by firegood »

VERY NICE that thing is decked to the max with lights. Can you make a couple of videos of the sides and front/back?
JustaBuff

I will try

Post by JustaBuff »

In about 2 weeks we will be installing a bed slide with a bunch of items mounted on it. I will get some full truck pics and videos - If someone can PM and give me some help posing a video Im the opposite of computer smart when it comes to that kinda stuff. I have a have a digital camera that takes great video just dont know how to get it on this forum from my computer after I shoot it.
FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
nick.dejohn
What radios do you own?: EX560-XLS CDM1550

Post by nick.dejohn »

I'm inpressed. Very nice. I have the same console in my 04 Silverado and found that the only problem with these consoles is that you still have limited space for installing equipment due to the fact that most people need or enjoy the convience of cupholders. I know I do, that was why I had to put it in when I did mine. I wish Chevrolet would find a new spot in the dash are for the cup holders to come out.

Otherwise, damn nice job. Deck out is not even funny...
Nick
firegood

Post by firegood »

when you get the videos made i will up them for you, send me a pm when your ready to post them.
davkenrem
What radios do you own?: STX, Spectra, Maxtrac, MTS2000

Post by davkenrem »

Very nice install, very professional
Davkenrem
N8DKR
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

Very nice!

The drop in console from JottoDesk wasn't available when I got my 03 burb so I went for the full console setup instead. The Jotto console is nice, but as you stated is rather limited if you have more than a couple control heads to mount.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
What radios do you own?: W7 FPP lowband MaraTrac w/AES

Post by 007 »

Very nice. Clean install with good equipment.
Do not make Sig angry...he'll just keep ringing the bell.
martineng4

nice

Post by martineng4 »

Very nice install I am at a lost fo words
martin cody
tensi0n
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTS 3000

Post by tensi0n »

that is one sexy install. wow.
kb0nly
AKA: The Computer Doctor

Post by kb0nly »

First of all, i don't care what darn brand name the equipment is, if it's installed right, that's what counts.

That said, let me clean up the drool..

I am SOO picky about wiring that i was once called ANAL about it. Very impressive, neat, clean, and obviously time well spent on organizing the wiring. I've seen some really bad rat's nests in PS vehicles. Around here even one of the Moto shops is guilty of bundling up extra wire length and leaving a ball of crap somewhere in the install.

When you see an install like that where someone took the time to bend each wire and bundle them so they all lay nice and stay put it's time for applause. I don't care if the radios are the oldest crap in the shop, if the wiring is done right so that it can be easily maintained, repaired, and upgraded if necessary in the future, then it's all good!
Duct tape is like the force, it has a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together.

"I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own!" - Adam Savage
JustaBuff

much thanks

Post by JustaBuff »

Thanks for the input and the praise - its appreciated. Given the amount of funds some of the depts are investing we feel its worth going the extra mile for our customers and it makes servicing that much easier. The tech in charge of this project takes great pride in his work and, at the very least in my opinion, it shows through.
I have a few more projects to post and we are working on 3 more this month so I should have them posted soon.
FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
Mikey
What radios do you own?: CDM1550 LS+, HT1250, MCS2000

Post by Mikey »

kbONLY,

i'm in the same boat as you, i've been told i use too many zip-ties and that i spend too much time bending wiring and following factory wiring throughout a vehicle install. I couldn't sleep at night knowing that i bundled up extra wire under a carpet or butt-spliced on 6" of wire because i was that short. So it's not all bad, and your not the only one who has been labeled "Anal". Glad to know theres others like us out there :-)

Mikey
Scannerbuff922

Nice job

Post by Scannerbuff922 »

Hey justabuff, I love it, I think i've seen this truck in action. I was driving thru near the Galleria and they must of had a call there. Does the chief who has this one have a blue/white talon on the lower dash, if it is then is the best install i have seen, i love the way it looks, i been hearing couple of the vollies from couple of other companies say that this truck and the others are just too much for what it needs. But they said that in response to the Blooming Grove Paramedic trucks that the Medics done themselves. I don't know if you seen them but they look really good too. But all in all i love the install. Post more installs when you get done completeing them. Thnx.
JustaBuff

Galleria Response

Post by JustaBuff »

Yup thats them. They definitly like their lights and sirens up there. Some say its overkill Im sure. I guess to each his own. They seem to be happy overall with having the amount of lights they choose. One thing I can say is that they do run alot of calls on 17 and 84 with the traffic there I almost cant blame them for "more is better" attitude. As for BG, Yup I have seen them too. We some radio work for them.
FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
KD8GWD
was fordcobra04

Post by KD8GWD »

Very nice!
precoislen

Post by precoislen »

I'd be interested in knowing how you installed that 8 head Dominator to the roof in the rear, and some more detailed pictures if you could.
wb4bsd
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000v, MTS2000v, MTS2000u

Post by wb4bsd »

how in the world do you even start to plan a wiring job like that?

I want my install to look similar, but cant seem to get it right in my head and all i want to install is a couple of radio's and some strobe packs.

I just dont have the vision i need to start a wiring job like that.

Do you do it on the bench first and then put it in the truck and apply the positive or what?
Rusty
(I no longer have nextel. I now have an iPhone)
kc0jar
What radios do you own?: M1225, P1225, HT1250, ICV8000

Post by kc0jar »

Thank god for the cupholders, the truck would be useless without them. :D
familo77

Post by familo77 »

Wow, that is just damn beautiful. This is where this stuff borders on ART.
Mastertech

Post by Mastertech »

Im happy that everyone likes this truck soo much. . . . It took me about 2 weeks to build it :D As far as how to start a wiring job like that, I do the job in my head and then in the vehicle. Mark.
rcpd34

Post by rcpd34 »

Nice job!
Brian Paul
Freestate Services, LLC
P.O. Box 1515
Rockville MD 20849
301-963-5880
Nextel National Direct Connect 164*71*315
http://www.EmergencyVehicleSolutions.com
rdavol

Post by rdavol »

nice install, how do the remote heads attach as i thought the face plates bolted to the radio mounitng bracket screws ? any help would be great as i am having a tough time figuring what to order.
ayaresr

Post by ayaresr »

Very very nice install. I have done some work on my fire company's vehicles, and especially the engines are very messy. The attitude seems to have always been just abandon in place and run new or splice like he**. I have found that makes it very hard to get anything done, and half the day is spent tracing what goes where. Very nice work.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”