best pa/siren slim mount?

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Screwed

best pa/siren slim mount?

Post by Screwed »

I am getting i believe 2 x WHELEN 2-Head Dominator TIR3 Super LED Light mounted in the grill and i have some room for a siren/pa but i havent found any i like yet. cant be thicker then i think 4 inches and it needs to be mounted.

i have 911ep ls12 but i think the whelens will be better in the grill then getting new ls12's.

thanks
squashie8

Post by squashie8 »

I'm not sure what it's going in but if you are pressed for space you could try a Whelen Alpha siren with whatever switching options you want. I think they make a switch and bracket that has the PA on it if you want that feature too.
Josh Huff
Installation Technition/IT Manager
Interceptor Public Safety Products, Inc.
P.O. Box 817
1110 Indian Springs Drive
Forsyth, GA 31029
1-866-834-4375
http://www.interceptor-pse.com
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

sounds like screwed is looking for a low profile siren/pa speaker, as he makes multiple references to grille space.

I'd say whelen sa314 speakers or fed sig dynamax. I have had great experiences with CPI speakers as well, but they aren't quite as compact I have found.
squashie8

Post by squashie8 »

I was thinking he meant speaker at first too but he didn't mention the speaker part. I referred to the speaker as a siren for years so it's understandable. :lol:

You are right though the whelen SA314 or MS100 Dynamax is about as thin of a speaker you are going get and they make a world of brackets for it.
Josh Huff
Installation Technition/IT Manager
Interceptor Public Safety Products, Inc.
P.O. Box 817
1110 Indian Springs Drive
Forsyth, GA 31029
1-866-834-4375
http://www.interceptor-pse.com
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

I have had good luck with the Carson LBH100, and it is only 2.25" thick.
John

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”