Smart Siren programming software included?

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rolncode3

Smart Siren programming software included?

Post by rolncode3 »

We just received our first Smart Siren SS2000SM. The DB9 adapter and software are nowhere to be found.

Are they supposed to be included with the unit, or is it an optional accessory that must be purchased seperately?

I can go to the Sheriff's build-up area and get it configured, but will hit up Fed Sig for it if it was supposed to be included.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I think its optional. If memory serves, the SS can be programmed via the keypad.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Smart Sirens are not programmed via software. they are keypad programmed. You should have a programming manual with the unit.
jedi_saber
Batboard $upporter

Post by jedi_saber »

check the fedsig website for online manuals if you can't find yours. You are thinking of the Whelen Cencom - similar and programmable through software.
rolncode3

Post by rolncode3 »

So this is the beginning of the setup. What this means is that you press the '9' key? OK, now I understand...I thought there was a PC interface (like for the touchscreen setup). Thought the pictures in the manual were of a software, not the actual keypad. Thanks for the info.

Entering
Configuration Mode
To enter configuration mode, simply
execute the following steps:
1. Power up the system and wait
for startup to finish.
2. Unplug control head.
3. Press SAVE and continue to hold.
4. Plug control head back in while
continuing to hold SAVE.
5. Release the SAVE key.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

For some reason, I thought there was also some kind of PC interface, but I might have been reading something different on the site. The SS is a pain to program intially, but as time goes on, people say its 2nd nature.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Conundrum

Post by Conundrum »

you can get an interface for the smart siren that allows you to control it from a touchscreen...

PDF Found here: http://www.fedsig.com/products/docs/lit ... Screen.pdf
Pj wrote:For some reason, I thought there was also some kind of PC interface, but I might have been reading something different on the site. The SS is a pain to program intially, but as time goes on, people say its 2nd nature.
When I first got the smart siren I was so confused... But after about a week I was able to program it with my eyes closed
EVModules
was EVConcepts

Post by EVModules »

jedi_saber wrote:check the fedsig website for online manuals if you can't find yours. You are thinking of the Whelen Cencom - similar and programmable through software.

Which is WHY the Smart Siren is so easy to work with than the Whelen Cencrap!
Sean Barr
EVConcepts

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”