MOTOROLA MW520 IN A CHARGER

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

foreman

MOTOROLA MW520 IN A CHARGER

Post by foreman »

PD not going to laptops until first of the year. Need to install MW520 to get unit on the street until then. :( Any suggestions welcome.
Shop Foreman
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

What brand console are you going to use? I have seen some people use Jotto, Havis and I think Troy just came out with some mounts. There are some pics over on elightbars.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

You may want to try Lund Industries as well, they are in Chicagoland.

SG
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Looks like he is the same guy that started this thread:
http://www.elightbars.org/bb/mw520-in-a ... 13993.html
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
foreman

Post by foreman »

One of my co-workers started the thread on the other site.

We are trying not to use a console to allow more space. All the consoles solutions seem to place the keyboard low over the equipment making it hard to operate(the equipment) or raise the screen to far above the dash. Even though it is for a short time, I want to give them a safe, easy to use config. The current stand, if bolted to floor plate is either to high or when adjusted has the keyboard to low. I guess were just caught in the trap of knowing what we want to accomplish while not laying out any cash for such a short period. I'm begining to think we should try to hold them back till laptop deployment.
When we roll out laptop, we will use CF29/30 on L&E docks on top of LEDCO vehicle specific mounts. Lights and siren controlled by smart siren and dash mount Spectra digital 800. I will try to send pics of current CV install and the SO laptop install.
Thanks for the suggestions - keep them comming.
Shop Foreman

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”