Need help with 1991 Explorer

This forum is dedicated to helping people with questions about installing radio equipment in vehicles. This can include antenna installs, electrical wiring questions/problems, and mounting systems. Pictures of installs are welcome.

Note: Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other equipment now has its own forum in the 'off-topic' section below.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KG6EAQ
Batboard $upporter

Need help with 1991 Explorer

Post by KG6EAQ »

Ok, so I'm gonna be driving a 1991 Ford Explorer (A helluva an upgrade from my 1979 Monty Carlo!). I need some help picking out a good mount to replace the stock center console. I will be mounting at least 2 x9000's with 1 DEK, and some sort of mobile scanner (Not sure as to which yet). I also want to be able to mount a laptop on the front end, closest to the A/C controls, the current laptop is an IBM TP600. Any suggestions as to brands, or models that work well with the Explorer? Any helpful hints as to where to mount the trunk units? Thanks!!
-Robert F.
KG6EAQ
911_guy

Post by 911_guy »

Can't help you with mounting the radios, but Jotto Desk has quite a line of mounts for about every type of vehicle (haven't seen anything for a Wrangler yet, though). You can find them at http://www.jottodesk.com

Return to “Vehicle Radio Installs”