a different '97 Grand Cherokee install. I had to post it...

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

IMBEJames

a different '97 Grand Cherokee install. I had to post it...

Post by IMBEJames »

Ok, I had to do it. Here's pics of my Jeep. Like jantman, it's a 1997 Grand Cherokee, only my hood is dented pretty good. On jantman's behalf, I have to say that this was a real PITA. Jeeps dont seem to have a lot of room for installing stuff. But on the other hand, I suppose it made me get creative.

I guess it all turned out ok. The 4 Carling switches control just about everything. One SPDT for the front lights with the ability to cut out the wig-wags, one for the rear with which I can cut off the rear corner strobes, one to control the Beta 112R siren, and a SPST that ended up being a spare. It was going to be a simple on-off for a 3M Opticom, but I never got around to installing it. It's fairly big, and definitely obstructs my view. Im tempted to use a smaller strobe head, like a Whelen grille strobe, and use the power supply from the 3M to drive it. I'm thinking it would fit in the windshield better than the 3M.

The Beta siren is full-function with the 2 momentary switches that act as manual/airhorn. They are installed just behind the 4WD shift lever.

Here's what I have installed so far:
-Astro Spectra W4 VHF
-Whelen Beta112R with a Federal Dynamax behind the front bumper
-Whelen R/R SuperLED Slimlighter
-Whelen UHFPOS headlight flasher
-Whelen UPS64C strobe power supply with 4 corner strobes
-ShoMe R/R Microlites in the rear (plans are to get rid of them as soon as I can!)

Future plans are to add a pair of Linear3's in the grille and swap out the MicroLites for 2 single Talons or Linear3's.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jreems2/a ... /my_photos

Let me know what you think. I'm just happy that I can honestly say it's not a fire hazard :)
James Eslinger

York, Maine
60A
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, XPR7550, APX6000

Post by 60A »

Very great, looks very clean. Congrads man! :)
LT-EMTC9

Post by LT-EMTC9 »

Looks very nice and clean. The Grand Cherokees used to have that nice spot under the rear seats to put all your "toys", I have an 05, and they dont have that space anymore. I really like the location of the switches, looks OEM!
60A
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, XPR7550, APX6000

Post by 60A »

LT-EMTC9 wrote:Looks very nice and clean. The Grand Cherokees used to have that nice spot under the rear seats to put all your "toys", I have an 05, and they dont have that space anymore. I really like the location of the switches, looks OEM!
Wow, I was confused cause I couldn't find the switch box. I just went back and looked again... and you are right. The switches are fantastic! They blend right in! :)

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”