GTX programming issues

This forum is for the discussions targeted at converting various models of Motorola equipment to operate in the 900MHz Amateur Band.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W4WTF
was KF4PEP

GTX programming issues

Post by W4WTF »

GTX programming issues

OK, I had a great setup with RSS 4.01 that worked well, and my programming laptop crashed.

Now I have V4.0, but the instructions I have for hacking the MDF file are for 4.01 and I am not smart enough to get it done with 4.00 which is nto the same. I have a hacked MDF for 4.01, and RSS v 4.00, and of course that combo doesn't work.

Can anyone help me with more detailed hex editing instructions for the MDF for 4.00, as it doesn't look like I will have 4.01 again in time to get the radios done I need.

I am not asking for MDF files or RSS of course, as that is verboten here...just assistance!
W6JK

Post by W6JK »

The GTX page over at Repeater Builder has the info you need:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorol ... _info.html

Jeff
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

The GTX Info page mentioned above just had some stuff added to it that explains the structure of the model definition file. There should be enough info there to help you navigate around any version of the file and find the frequency range table to be hex-edited.

You still may have to play with the checksum. The best place to do that is in the Model Definition area. Choose a model number for a radio you won't ever be using (such as an 800 MHz portable) and play with the bytes in that area until the checksum matches what it was originally.

Bob M.

Return to “Converting Motorola Equipment to 900MHz Amateur”