anyone worked on a 07 Explorer

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rangerfourever

anyone worked on a 07 Explorer

Post by rangerfourever »

We are looking at replacing one Jeep cherokee and an old CV with two 07 Special Service Explorers as squads. anyone worked on the new ones yet with the console issues etc..... thanks I need to get info back to our fleet supervisor
kg4ere

Post by kg4ere »

///
Last edited by kg4ere on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

I have an 07 sitting outside in the garage. Hertz gave it to me with 75 miles on it, I'm returning it with 1700+. Akardam was going to strobe it out fo rme, but we never got around to it. They all come with floors shifters - unless they special service version is special enough to come with the column shifter.

I can try and take some photo's tomorrow sometime (probably could be redefined as "today" depending on when you read this.)

-Alex
rangerfourever

Post by rangerfourever »

from what we are getting from Ford Fleet, ALL 07 Explorers have the floor shifter. Only the Special Services Expedition has a floor shift delete. I dont think our Fleet is going to allow us to go to Expeditions. thanks again
Double_Deuz

Post by Double_Deuz »

I have builtup about 6 of them, 2 K-9's with Hot Dog setups. Quick note, DO NOT try and remove door panels. They are fragile and a pain. That and Sound Off told me not to install a Brake/Reverse light flasher, something about a lighting control module. I suggest rear strobes. Have pics if interested.
EVModules
was EVConcepts

Post by EVModules »

Contact Troy for their consoles. Very easy to install & makes it look almost like it came from the factory. I just did 3 the past week.

Rear strobes, remove the upper inside "D" pillar trim along with the top trim between the two, run the strobe cables up in the vents. It will come out in the hole behind the "D" pillar trim. I run them forward on top down the A pillar along with anything else like the lightbar, coax, etc.
Sean Barr
EVConcepts
SafetyLighting

Post by SafetyLighting »

I agree, check out the Troy Products console, I don't like the JottoDesk version because all the equipment is where you would lean your arm.
John

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”