Minitor 5 Amplified Chargers

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Tron
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

Minitor 5 Amplified Chargers

Post by Tron »

Selling some Min 5s with amplified chargers. Are they ready for prime time yet, or should I stick with the std desk ones?

Tron
"Where the Old Soo crosses the New Soo, Duplainville, Wisconsin"
MetroMan

Post by MetroMan »

We haven't had any issues with the charger amp since they made some changes last summer. Go for it.
Rich
Tron
What radios do you own?: Too many to list

Post by Tron »

OK, I'll see what happens.

Tron
"Where the Old Soo crosses the New Soo, Duplainville, Wisconsin"
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

FYI, the amplified chargers have been on quality hold since at least the beginning of February, and are currently in field testing. Apparently the testing period is scheduled to conclude at the end of February, but this not verified. I do not know what the quality issue is, only that one exists and is being corrected.
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

I know of several people on the firehouse.com forums who have brand new amp chargers failing left and right. Me thinks there is still something wrong with them.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?
MassFD
Batboard $upporter

Post by MassFD »

I know of several people on the firehouse.com forums who have brand new amp chargers failing left and right. Me thinks there is still something wrong with them.
What he said, the last batch we got after the first "Hold" is worse than the original. They still deny that the originals make a hum or whine when the batterys are charged. The latest batch sometimes just refuse to charge the pager and battery, they just sit there with red lights blinking.
Cause Motorola said so that's why
MetroMan

Post by MetroMan »

Tron,

Hope I didn't get you in a bind. Most of my customers go with the standard charger but of the ones with the charger amp I ony had to replace one and that was from the original version. Guess I'll go back to advising against it! :roll:
Rich
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

They are still on quality hold with no firm ship date. The best current estimate is "a few weeks"
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

escomm wrote:They are still on quality hold with no firm ship date. The best current estimate is "a few weeks"
Just FYI,still on quality hold from IL.
I try to talk people out of getting the amplified for now if I can.
Wayne

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”