DAYTON 2007!! WHOS IN????

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Are you attending Dayton '07?

Yes
59%
No
29%
Maybe
12%

Total votes: 73
redbeard
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Yaesu

Post by redbeard »

Mercenary wrote:I will bring my Vhf XTS5000 and will be on 151.9400 using Apco P25. Is there anyone planning on using there XTS5000 in digital mode on any of the MURS frequencies at Hamfest?. This will be my first time using my XTS5000 to talk to other radios in Apco-25 mode and I'm looking foward to finding out how the radio works on digital simplex frequencies. Thanks.
Reference the 2nd post in this topic, most of us will have that channel in our radios. Just make sure you have the right NAC/DPL codes. No NAC=293 by the way...before you ask. If you just select Digital CSQ then it sets it by default.
Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.
ems1

Off topic Dayton question.

Post by ems1 »

A question for all the Dayton vets. Does the big grass parking lot across from Hara allow camping in the lot? I remember a few motor coaches that have set up there in the far corner in the past. I was just trying to save a few bucks to buy more worthless flea market crap. Thanks in advance.
ka8ypy

Re: Off topic Dayton question.

Post by ka8ypy »

ems1 wrote:A question for all the Dayton vets. Does the big grass parking lot across from Hara allow camping in the lot? I remember a few motor coaches that have set up there in the far corner in the past. I was just trying to save a few bucks to buy more worthless flea market crap. Thanks in advance.
Campers = Yes, Camping (tents) = No
MotoRadioMan
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Post by MotoRadioMan »

I'm onboard for this year. First since 2003, but then again I'd better be, I live here now!!! Look forward to meeting many of you here at Hamvention. Especially the ASTRO guys.

Alex
KB9UIY
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

My wife and I will be there also.
Driving from Nevada, via Gulf Coast, and Atlantic seaboard.
I hope I can recognize some Batlabbers, but not sure how...
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Post by batdude »

I hope I can recognize some Batlabbers, but not sure how...

come to the dinner meeting

d
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

I am thinking about that....
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

PETNRDX wrote:I hope I can recognize some Batlabbers, but not sure how...
Drop by the Hamsexy booth - see Seth or any of those guys, and they can usually point out the people that they know.

Program up channels listed in the second post of this thread and just say hi on the channel...

Come to dinner... it's always a good time. If you can't make the batboard one, usually, the same crowd goes to the Hamsexy one.

There are a lot of people who have flea market spots in all corners of the place, but there's nothing that usually makes them stand out over anyone else.

-Alex
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

alex wrote:There are a lot of people who have flea market spots in all corners of the place, but there's nothing that usually makes them stand out over anyone else.
...though, if you see a group of people all carrying XTSs... you can make a reasonable assumption. :P
radioinstl
What radios do you own?: Liberty MBITR APX7000 75000

Rooms

Post by radioinstl »

If anyone needs a room i have 1 or 2 rooms reserved at the Drurry Inn right on the strip for thur -sun that i will not be using. please contact me
Last edited by radioinstl on Wed May 09, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alex
Administrator

Re: Rooms

Post by alex »

radioinstl wrote:If anyone needs a room i have 1 or 2 rooms reserved for thur -sun that i will not be using. please contact me
You may want to say what hotel so that way people know where it is etc.
Randy Giffin

P25 Repeater

Post by Randy Giffin »

Hey does anyone know if there is a P25 Ham repeater local to the Hara?

Thanks
Randy
KB4CTS :wink:
ka8ypy

Re: P25 Repeater

Post by ka8ypy »

Randy Giffin wrote:Hey does anyone know if there is a P25 Ham repeater local to the Hara?

Thanks
Randy
KB4CTS :wink:
None at all in Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana that I know of.
n2rld
What radios do you own?: Ht1250,MTX9250,XPR6550,MCS2000

Drurry Inn

Post by n2rld »

My Wife and i will be at the Drurry Inn from Weds on hope to meet a few of you guys We will me on 927.500

Karl N2RLD and Jane K2JAN
Johnny Galaga

Post by Johnny Galaga »

Why doesn't everyone just use 2-meter analog simplex?

Motosnobs.
Analog already is interoperable.

emsbuff3240
What radios do you own?: Centracom Gold Elite, XTS5K 4K

Post by emsbuff3240 »

Johnny Galaga wrote:Why doesn't everyone just use 2-meter analog simplex?

Motosnobs.
This is BATLABS!, ya know Motorola radios... thats kind of what this place is about... :D :D
-Jon
RadioSouth
Batboard $upporter

Post by RadioSouth »

So, how was Dayton this year ?
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Wasn't too bad - not a whole lot of exciting stuff shown off. I didn't really look at any of the ham stuff (except I did see that Kenwood is coming out with a D710A...)

There wasn't really anything earth shattering.

Ham frequencies in the past weren't used - mainly because not everyone on here has an amateur license, so we went for stuff that was easy for people to get/renew.

-Alex
jnglmassiv
Batboard $upporter

Post by jnglmassiv »

I have a few observations from the Batlabbers perspective:

Motorola radio usage was huge at Dayton. I saw more Batradios clipped to people's belts than I'd ever imagined. In particular, Astro radios were like comin' out of the woodwork. Tons of Moto speaker mics stuck on shirts and collars. My chest swells with pride.

A lot of the really, really crappy radios you normally see at hamfests were not present. I mean, there was a couple MT500's and water damaged MX300's here and there but most of the stuff was newer, while perhaps not in great shape at great prices.

Plenty of Astro in use as well. During the day, the simplex channel of choice was pretty much constant chatter. Clean, clear chatter.

I had a great time, met some new people and I really hope to make it there again next year!
DPL

Post by DPL »

I noticed the same things. If you didn't have a Jedi "shaver mic" or at least a mic with an /\/\ on it clipped to your shirt you were in the minority, it seemed. Lots of batproducts for sale, too, and a lot of them at halfway reasonable prices. Too bad I didn't have P25 during the show, but I do now!
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

This year

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

Well this is a first for me, I travelled by air. Going out was great, comming back was a bummer, first my flight was cancelled, then the airline said I was booked on another flight but wasn't. Ended up going home on another carrier to an airport 35 miles away from my home and 70 miles from my car! Spent as much time travelling as if I had driven out. Next year I go back to driving.
Now as far as equipment, I did well, replaced some of my operation's MX's for Astro Sabers, and picked up some Spectra's to replace my 2 base stations struck by lightning last year. Prices were fair to good. Overall, with the great weather, one of the better ones since 1999.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”