UHF R2 W4 and W7(110w) S-Rec's needed

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Rayjk110
Banned

UHF R2 W4 and W7(110w) S-Rec's needed

Post by Rayjk110 »

Seems as tho I'm on an S-Record Bonanza this evening...most are for a buddy of mine who does not have internet at the moment, so any help is greaty appreciated.

Anyways, necissito;

UHF Range 2 W4 s-rec, preffered "loaded" flash

UHF Range 2 W7 (110w) S-rec, again preffered "loaded" flash...

Also could use any misc w4 s-recs as well.

Thanks Guys!
akardam

Post by akardam »

UHF Range 2 (438-470) was only officially produced by Moto as a 15w motorcycle radio, though they did have W4, W5 and W7 varients.

Did you mean Range 3 (450-482)?
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

I'm just asking from what information was given to me, so I would assume so, I guess.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Have fun with that, there are no tuning values below 450 MHz, so if you are planning on IMBE in the ham band, you will have some issues.

Not that they can't be overcome, but it was a pain.

SG
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by Rayjk110 »

Again, I'm not 100% sure on what kind of "project" they will be used upon, altho I would assume for the new IMBE Quantar we put up in town..

At any rate, if anyone has one, PM me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

R
MotoRadioMan
What radios do you own?: /\/\

Re: UHF R2 W4 and W7(110w) S-Rec's needed

Post by MotoRadioMan »

Along a similar topic, and directed towards SpectraGod as it seems he has experience with this; ASTRO Spectra range 3 into the 440-450 ham band for IMBE. We have a few of these radios amongst our group and would like to make them happy on 440 for ASTRO use. What is the procedure involved?? The searching I did on here indicated something about adding/changing the alignment channels (bit-banging), or modding the VCO. Can anyone offer insight into this???

Thanks in advance guys,
A.D.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: UHF R2 W4 and W7(110w) S-Rec's needed

Post by jmr061 »

To get a range 3 astro spectra to range 2 mod the vco just like you would for a regular spectra (detailed on the main batlabs site) and then put a range 2 s-rec into it, tune it and away you go.

Jason

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”