MotoTRBO Private Call Feature

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fireradio
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Various APX series

MotoTRBO Private Call Feature

Post by fireradio »

Hey everyone,

I'm considering a TRBO system for my organization. I'm curious as to how the private call function works. Say I have one TRBO repeater, in digital mode operating on both time slots (two channels on the repeater).

User A private calls User B on the channel occupied by time slot 1. These two users are then switched over to a different digital "code" or what have you but remain on time slot 1, correct? What if somebody on the normal channel (also on time slot 1) tries to talk while a private call is in progress? Do they just get bonked out until the call is complete?

Forgive my ignorance... I plan to get my hands on a couple demo radios this week, so I'm hoping to educate myself shortly!

Thanks...
OSS
"Keeping public safety on the air..."
ve3nsv

Re: MotoTRBO Private Call Feature

Post by ve3nsv »

Your exactly right, those 2 users tie up time slot 1 until the private call is complete. We questioned Motorola about this already but didn't get any real answer as to why users couldn't get trunked to the time slot that was free during the private call. A complete waste of the second avilable times slot while two disgruntled workers tie up the time slot that the main group is assigned to.
fireradio
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Various APX series

Re: MotoTRBO Private Call Feature

Post by fireradio »

OK. Thanks for the reply. That is kind of silly, but oh well. That's why I'll only be giving supervisors the ability to private call!
OSS
"Keeping public safety on the air..."

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”