dash master

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wb4bsd
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000v, MTS2000v, MTS2000u

dash master

Post by wb4bsd »

I have a few dashmasters i picked up cheap and am going to install them in my patrol car..

there are 2 plugs on the back, one has 3 holes for the power and then there is a 4 hole plug.. what in the world does that one do? does it sync them together if you have two or what?

PM's please...
Rusty
(I no longer have nextel. I now have an iPhone)
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I forget (its been a long time for those), but I think you could get pass-thru power. No sync feature. If you open it up, you should be able to see what connected. I am pretty sure it allowed remote mounting via "normal" means vs a cigar plug ran from the rear deck to the lighter outlet.

Best thing I ever saw was a trooper on my dept...in his state car he did two dashmaster... He left one side strobe, the other halogen, then halogen/strobe on the other one on the pass side. Day/night, the combo looked pretty sweet. Of course, that requires a remote power supply, but something to think about it.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
wb4bsd
Batboard $upporter

Post by wb4bsd »

everyone is going LED these days, but man i tell ya, halogen and strobes gets the job done pretty well if you ask me..

yeah, the are old and i would rather have 3 dash misers, but i got 3 dashmasters for like 80$ so i am not complaining and they look pretty good..

i just wish i could find filters for them and mounting brackets so i can mount them properly. And if that really is passthrough power that will be nice.

thanks
Rusty
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

I came across some lenses that would fit them the other day. I think I have blue and red. Worse case, I think you can still order them from Whelen. Not sure on the pricing though. They may be NLA, but I was able to order new ones a couple of years ago when they were off the parts list.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
MK4412

Post by MK4412 »

Sportin the old skool Federal Fireball II rotator with mirror on my Expedition. It's slow, but it rocks!
Mike
wb4bsd
Batboard $upporter

Post by wb4bsd »

MK4412 wrote:Sportin the old skool Federal Fireball II rotator with mirror on my Expedition. It's slow, but it rocks!
I agree.. sometimes i wish i had a Streethawk light bar instead of my whelen edge... halogen really cuts through sunlight great..
Rusty
MK4412

Post by MK4412 »

I even have the FedSig catalog for the s**t in my car!

Gimme the chance, there'd be a sealed-beam XL9000 on my roof.
Mike
Adam

Re: dash master

Post by Adam »

Dashmasters are superior in brightness to the dashmisers as far as self contained go.

The dashmaster's larger reflector also helps the appearance of brightness. My friend had two dual blue dashmaster strobes behind 15% tint in his back deck and they were plenty sufficient for warning power. Red however doesn't punch through as well.

Lenses for the "SoloStrobe" will fit the Dashmaster as will something similar of a different name. I have the GrilleMasters in my grille and they share the same lenses as the DashMaster.

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”