2006/2007 Dodge Charger and Hands-Free and other questions

Discussions regarding lighting, sirens, and other PS/Emergency response equipment can be had within this forum.

Discussions regarding legalities of lights, usages, and different state laws and regulations regarding warning equipment are not permitted.
See the announcement inside the forum for more details.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

squashie8

2006/2007 Dodge Charger and Hands-Free and other questions

Post by squashie8 »

Going strictly by the modifiers guide how can you use the factory plug for Hands-free? Pin #10 on the big white plug is supposedly for horn sense and according to the modifiers guide it is 12V 20mA voltage signal.

In any case I haven't seen it do anything. Has anyone else had luck with this "feature"?

I have heard you shouldn't send 12V straight to the horn because it isn't made to handle that. I have also heard that for that wire (Pin #10) to work it has to be programmed from Dodge to function properly. To be honest I don't know what's right or not. I do know tying straight to the horn wires at the horn like you do on the crown vic's work, but that is strictly against the modifiers guide.

How about the factory keyless entry? Does anyone know how to solve the issue where you can pop the trunk by the remote without the key having to be in the ignition and turned on? Heard of several departments complain about this.

Also, has anyone had any strange issues with radios on certain frequencies turning on take downs or alley lights when keyed up? This has happened a few times. I'm not sure of the cause except maybe grounding issues with the car itself. Even wired straight to the battery for testing it does it. Not a big issue, but it has come up more than once.

Anyhow, I hope there is an answer to the hands free at least. I am hooking up the Whelen 295hf100 or the newer version of it WSL100 <- something like that. The main problem is I can't seem to get that "horn sense" wire to do anything. If I could I could probably use a relay if the signal wasn't strong enough. Anyhow, thanks again.
Josh Huff
Installation Technition/IT Manager
Interceptor Public Safety Products, Inc.
P.O. Box 817
1110 Indian Springs Drive
Forsyth, GA 31029
1-866-834-4375
http://www.interceptor-pse.com
EVModules
was EVConcepts

Re: 2006/2007 Dodge Charger and Hands-Free and other questions

Post by EVModules »

Squashie8,

There's a module coming out soon that will make your installation extremely professional & fast.

It has these features...

1- HLF w/park kill bypass option
2- TLF
3- Horn ring transfer, just hook up two wires to the siren from the module.
4- Park kill
5- VSS (radars)
6- Brake (camera systems)
7- Audio switch-over (mutes factory radio & allow 2-way speakers to play thru factory speakers)
8- Dimmer

Stay tuned!

Sean - EVConcepts
Sean Barr
EVConcepts

Return to “Vehicle Warning Equipment Discussion”