MCX1000 Scan Question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bellersley
No Longer Registered

MCX1000 Scan Question

Post by bellersley »

Hey guys; I'm programming up an MCX1000 and have a quick question about scanning.

In the "Zone Data" screen, it asks for a "Scan Type" of either X, R, T, 1 or 2. I'm going to make the assumption that T = Tone Scan, and 1/2 are Priority Scan. But, what are X and R?

Thanks!
OCSD117
was RPDM313
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, APX3000, APX7000

Re: MCX1000 Scan Question

Post by OCSD117 »

I think they have something to do with the securenet but i could be wrong never actualyl tried it on the MCX1000's I had
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
hoser

Post by hoser »

X = Carrier Squelch
T = Tone Squelch
R = Repeater Tone Squelch
1 = Priority 1
2 = Priority 2
L = mode locked out of SCAN list
bellersley
No Longer Registered

Post by bellersley »

Excellent, thanks!

What's the difference between Tone Squelch and Repeater Tone Squelch though? Doesn't quite make sense!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”