Cloning from XPR6500 to XPR6550

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KMB

Cloning from XPR6500 to XPR6550

Post by KMB »

Hello,

Can I clone the codeplug from XPR6500 to XPR6550?
:o :o
Thank you!

KMB
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Cloning from XPR6500 to XPR6550

Post by wavetar »

KMB wrote:Hello,

Can I clone the codeplug from XPR6500 to XPR6550?
:o :o
Thank you!

KMB
Not directly, but you can do "drag & drop" between the CPS windows...next best thing.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
KMB

Post by KMB »

Hello Wavetar,

Do you mean that I "copy" the personilities from XPR6500 codeplug then "Paste" to the XPR6550 codeplug?

KMB
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

What I mean is you can open the 6500 codeplug in one CPS window, and then open the 6550 codeplug in another. Size them so the 6500 takes up the left half of the screen, and the 6550 takes up the right half. Then, you can click & drag things like conventional personalities, contacts, buttons, etc from one to the other. Here is what the CPS "help" notes say:

The user can also copy and paste by dragging and dropping the item. However, this method only works when copying from one document to another, and not within the same document.

To drag and drop:

Point at an item and press the left mouse button.

While pressing the mouse button, move the mouse to the folder where the item is to be inserted in another document.

Release the mouse button. The item will be pasted there. The pasting method follows the Copy and Paste rules.

Note

When an item exists in the destination folder with the same name as the pasted item, and if the source folder is the same as the destination folder, the pasted item will be added at the end with a new default name. If the source folder is different than the destination folder, the item in the destination folder will be overwritten.

To select multiple and consecutive items, hold down the Shift key while clicking the desired items.

OR, Hold down the Shift key while pressing the up or down arrow keys to select one item at a time.

To select multiple and non-consecutive items, hold down the Ctrl key while clicking the desired items.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
KMB

Post by KMB »

Thank you, Wavetar!
I will try this!

KMB
:lol:

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”