XTL 5000 [O5 Head in Maint. Mode]

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

EdwinAlers
New User

XTL 5000 [O5 Head in Maint. Mode]

Post by EdwinAlers »

What can I do, wend I get on the XTL5000 O5 CH display "Maintenance Mode - Remote Device"
That it, I can't do nothing. I press all buttons, etc...
What this mean.
Any Ideas?

[Adjusted Topic subject -Alex]
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: XTL 5000

Post by jmr061 »

I am not an XTL5k expert but I think that means the head and radio basically are not talking to each other. Was it working to begin with?

Jason
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

What's the history of the radio?

1) Did it come from the factory this way?
2) What firmware version is the control head running?
3) What firmware version is the radio running?
4) Was this a codeplug change to an O5?
5) What is the model number and flash in the radio?

Please answer the above questions so people can better help you.

-Alex
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
fireradio
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Various APX series

Post by fireradio »

We're having the same problem with a couple of our motorcycle radios. The users report that the display intermittently reports "Maintenance Mode - Remote Device" on the display.

We're using an XTL 5000 with O5 control head, flashcode 500008-000480-0 and firmware/DSP 9.00.00.

I've checked to make sure the radio is programmed for an O5 head, and everything else in the codeplug looks OK. I tried going to Tools > Synchronize Control Head with Radio, but the process failed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Charlie

EDIT: I was just able to successfully synchronize the control head with the radio; but the CPS revealed that the control head host version is already in sync with the radio's host version. I guess that rules out conflicting firmware issues...
OSS
"Keeping public safety on the air..."
chartofmaryland
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Alot

Re: XTL 5000 [O5 Head in Maint. Mode]

Post by chartofmaryland »

If you see this it is from the control head firmware not syncing with the transceiver firmware and the whole unit goes into reload mode.

This also happens when some people remove the control head flex from the tranceiver instead of just from the control head while B+ is still attached. The jumpers in the transceiver side of the flex cause the loss of sync and whala the maintenance mode appears after reassembly.

The one resolution is to reflash the radio, load a codeplug of known good config and everything should be back to normal. This is only after the radio continues to show "maintenance mode".

Humm,,,

Are you getting any FAIL 01/90's ?

And you are not using data on any of these radio's are you?

These could shed some more light on what may be doing this.

CoM
If the lights are out when you leave the station and then come on the second you key up, you know you have enough power.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”