Toughbook tablet pens

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

Toughbook tablet pens

Post by videonerd »

I have a Fujitsu 5032D slate Tablet in an Otterbox 4600. Problem is, using it in the car, I tend to stab the screen perhaps too hard and snap the plastic nibs off. Wacom does not have any "ruggedized" nibs or pens, their only option is a "water resistant" pen. That got me curious.

Could someone who uses a CF-18 or other active-digitizer Toughbook take a macro picture of what their Toughbook pen nib looks like? Or... does anyone sell them separately?!

Thanks!
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Re: Toughbook tablet pens

Post by thebigphish »

The CF-18/CF-19 uses a run of the mill plastic tip stylus pen, very similar to the styluses that used to ship with the old Palm 500 line. Looks like a narrow pen, complete with a soft, lightcolored plastic tip on the end. When our company loses one, we just go to Office Depot and pick out a cheap retractable stylus for a couple of bucks.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
videonerd
What radios do you own?: Little Tikes walkie-talkie

Re: Toughbook tablet pens

Post by videonerd »

Ah, so it uses a passive digitizer, unlike most other TabletPCs that use active digitizers which require a pen with electronics (although battery-less.) Thanks for the info.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”