Alpha-Numeric Paging

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

yardbirdjr

Alpha-Numeric Paging

Post by yardbirdjr »

Hello All!

Someone please direct me in the right direction?

I am looking for information on maybe setting up a countywide only alpha-numeric paging system for fire/ems/rescue and other public safety.

Some of our bigger counties have dedicated system.

I was just wanting to see what kind of equipment is needed and used and where to get more information on it.

We currently have pagers on Usamobility, but would like to persue a dedicated sytem in hopes that the pages will go out quicker.

Please advise

Thanks

David
ai4vj
New User

Re: Alpha-Numeric Paging

Post by ai4vj »

I've been researching paging systems recently with an eye toward creating a portable system the can be taken to community service events where hams are providing communications. I have a long list of links in Firefox; if you send me a private message with your email address, I can send you a list of those links. In the meantime, here is a good link to start your research.

http://www.braddye.com/paging.html

The site owner is a paging industry expert and consultant. Sometimes he pushes a particular manufacturer a bit but his site has a wealth of information.

Regards,
George
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Re: Alpha-Numeric Paging

Post by The Pager Geek »

http://www.criticalresponse.com/

Great Products, outstanding support. (Highly recommended)

Used in many county public safety systems and hospitals. Lots of features. If you'd like more info, PM me.

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”